cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch will need charged every day

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, Apple CEO Tim Cook has revealed that the Apple Watch will need charging every day at a Q&A session that took place early this morning. However he didn't reveal what the actual battery life is likely to be.

He did reveal though that Apple Pay received over 1 million activations after it went live, so they've got that going for them...which is nice.

There might be some more juicy snippets of information if anyone else wants to have a look:

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/10/27/apples-next-chapter-a-qa-with-tim-cook-live-blog/?mod=e2tw

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its Apple so it wouldn't matter if it needed charging every 5 minutes, people would still go out and buy it!

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I see Gerry Baker started the interview with Tim Cook making an Apple bending joke...

...." Now we don't want to get bent out of shape"..... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for sharing that Papadug

At £216 approx it's a big ask to outlay that although many have spent much more on watches I suppose.

Looks to be inline with some smartphones that also need charging overnight I suppose.

It'll be interesting to see when this is out in the Wild ,and we can see end user reviews.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm I feel that with an iPhone and Macbook already, I don't see it being too hot to be wanting or needed the watch, and ouch pricey
Message 5 of 5