cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Issues Invitations for October 23 Media Event

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what do you think will be announced at this event?

I think a iPad Mini (or whatever it will be called) is an almost certainty based on all the leaked images of it. I think that an iPad Mini with a 7-7.5 inch screen and competively priced, will do a lot of harm for other tablets. But what do you guys think?

Personally I think a rumoured revision on the current iPad 3 is hard to believe, especially has there is normally a new iPad released every March or April (which has been the case since its introduction). I expect that the rumoured specs etc on this are indeed a prototype of the next gen iPad which will be out next year. But what do you guys think?

I'm hoping for a new iMac. Has I'm planning on getting my first Mac/iMac early next year.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/16/apple-issues-invitations-for-october-23-media-event/

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Oddly enough I think the mini will either be an outstanding success at the expense of the bigger tablet or people will look at it and get the bigger tablet especially if its priced too high.

On the other hand, if its priced in the Android range then people will look at those due to the functionality. From a psychological view, spending money on a lower priced mini when you get the same apps on the bigger model might sway people into the view of value for money aspect of not buy it.

I also think that it may be a product too far as the i-range is getting crowded: ipod - iphone - ipad for the same functionality. 

I have a Playbook which I'm happy with:media player and browser that is perfect for travelling plus a decent MS Office viewer/editor. For a 64GB at £129 you can't argue! Not overly concerned with apps but then if I want to do serious stuff, then the Microsoft Surface Pro is where I'm looking. 

Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Personally I can't justify the price or the need for an ipad but may well be tempted by the mini if it's reasonably priced.

Message 12 of 12