cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Issues Invitations for October 23 Media Event

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what do you think will be announced at this event?

I think a iPad Mini (or whatever it will be called) is an almost certainty based on all the leaked images of it. I think that an iPad Mini with a 7-7.5 inch screen and competively priced, will do a lot of harm for other tablets. But what do you guys think?

Personally I think a rumoured revision on the current iPad 3 is hard to believe, especially has there is normally a new iPad released every March or April (which has been the case since its introduction). I expect that the rumoured specs etc on this are indeed a prototype of the next gen iPad which will be out next year. But what do you guys think?

I'm hoping for a new iMac. Has I'm planning on getting my first Mac/iMac early next year.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/16/apple-issues-invitations-for-october-23-media-event/

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I might buy the mini iPad once it's released depending on the price.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I might buy the mini iPad once it's released depending on the price.

I think it will be a good move by Apple if they introduce a iPad Mini, has not everyone wants a device has large as the normal sized iPad or can afford one.

If Apple release a 7-7.5 inch iPad, and the price is competitive, then I think they'll really harm other tablet sales.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The hoping to sell 10 million in a short space of time as you say the going to put a big dent in the tablet sales. Its apple so everyone will want 1 slight_smile
Message 4 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
An iPad mini definitely makes sense as its the only real gadget they do not yet have. Would there be a need for it though other than the iPhone and iPad?

What other tablets have you guys tried or purchased? I do like the Google one.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've seen a price circa £160 being mentioned, sounds good if that's a fair estimate.

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

I find Aspirin fairly dispensableSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I've seen a price circa £160 being mentioned, sounds good if that's a fair estimate.

If thats the case then this is going to put a serious dent in other tablet sales. Definitely makes sense for Apple to do a 7-7.5 inch tablet, has its the only thing they haven't got in their range.

I couldn't see myself moving to a 7-7.5 inch tablet when I get a new iPad, has I like the large screen the standard iPad has on it, but for someone who wants a smaller tablet for portabity or perhaps their budget cannot stretch to the price of the standard sized iPad, then the iPad mini (or whatever it will be called) is going to be a really tempting choice.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Toby wrote:

I find Aspirin fairly dispensableSmiley Very Happy

😂😂

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
An iPad mini definitely makes sense as its the only real gadget they do not yet have. Would there be a need for it though other than the iPhone and iPad?

I think it would make sense because not everyone wants an iPhone or perhaps is happy with a nother manufacturer for example Blackberry. Also the full sized iPad is expensive and I can imagine a lot of people's budgets wouldn't stretch to the asking price of the full sized iPad or some people might find the standard iPad too big from a portability point of view.

When I got my first iPad back in 2010, I did try at the time a Blackberry Playbook and a Android tablet, but I just found the iPad more intuitive and a more fluid OS.

Message 10 of 12