Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A 'Timely' Experience!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Christmas is coming ....so they tell me....

As I hate any type of Christmas shopping that involves going into shops, I have a mantra.."If it can't be bought online...it doesn't get bought'...(It works for me....usually) Cat

Last night at 22.15, in an effort to kick off my present buying I went into the Carphone Warehouse online site

I purchased, without problem a Samsung Gear watch......(or so I thought)....

I received the email order acknowledgement and went to bed happy (thinking as you do...that was another present bought) wink

This morning, I received a text from my bank asking if I had attempted a purchase for £249..If Yes I was to press Y and they 'would unblock my card'....I pressed Y..and had another text back saying 'we have now unblocked your card.Please re-order the item'....

No problem I thought, this bank is putting into place good security measures.....

So I went in and filled in all the purchase details again...time consuming...but hey?.. However, before I pressed buy now..I rang CPW (I wanted to make sure I didn't buy 2 watches) Evil

Lovely guy on the phone...Assured me he would cancel the first order and stay on the phone till the second order was cleared...

He waited....and waited...and waited (as did I).....

The second transaction did not go through.... Shocked

I rang my bank ...enraged...

Apparently my text did NOT unblock my card immediately as promised. Bank CS had to go through to their Fraud Dept and get them manually to unblock it...

Here is the 'joke' of all this easy online ordering malarky

For the THIRD time I needed to re-order this watch...which I did...and then ring CPW again to check that the 3rd transaction had gone through...Rolleys

Eureka ...it has been processed apparently...and I am assured by CPW...I should get this watch tomorrow.....

Will I get one watch or three...?? We will see...Rolleys

Moral to this tale.... Online shopping aint all it is cracked up to be...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Its reading 'Final Boarding' now...and why are you on this thread about my watch...when you have your own ...LOL

Off topic topic going off off topic

off topic 2.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to round this thread off...1 Samsung gear watch arrived at 11.50 am...well within the time slot given. Well done CPW...well done DPD...and eventually well done Nationwide for unblocking my card....:smileywink:

All i need now is someone to tell me what the watch does...so I look intelligent when I give it out at Christmas....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 58

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
They tell the time
Message 53 of 58

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Well my watch tells me the time and date also the battery lasts for at least 2 years before it needs re-charging and I can go diving to around 18m with no adverse effects.

I'll bet yours doesn't do that ThoughfulThinking

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 54 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Well my watch tells me the time and date also the battery lasts for at least 2 years before it needs re-charging and I can go diving to around 18m with no adverse effects.

I'll bet yours doesn't do that ThoughfulThinking

Probably not...but as its not for me...and the grandson doesnt go diving to 18M I am sure that wont bother him in the slightest...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 58

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I appreciate product improvement but these "watches" are not watches, they're phone/tablet accessories/gimmicks.

If Samsung, Apple, Sony etc took the "best" conventional watch then produced something better that would be an improvement.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 56 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

I appreciate product improvement but these "watches" are not watches, they're phone/tablet accessories/gimmicks.

If Samsung, Apple, Sony etc took the "best" conventional watch then produced something better that would be an improvement.

I agree totally...but this lad has got everything...(that sounds as if he is spoilt... I can assure you he isn't). 

I was really stuck for something to get him this Christmas...and came up with this. he will love it...me...??

....not so much....

I will stick to my Gucci cuff bangle watch...

Very easy to remove in any type of emergency....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 58

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Don't let them put the mockers on it Den, the lad will be chuffed to bits wink

Message 58 of 58