cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Years on the Community Today

Anonymous
Not applicable

6 Years on the Community Today - What Have I Learned ?

I remember being frightened of getting a Smart Phone - I was encouraged to go for it ... I have an Xperia L1 now with various phones in between ... one which ended up in the canal = no, it slipped out of my handbag Whistle

It was a senior regular who posted 'Google Is Your Friend' and said elsewhere 'the only stupid question is the one which isn't asked' ... with much help from the good knowledgeable people on the community I now know not to be afraid to ask 'naff' questions and eg now know not to have the Heebie Geebies when going into settings

I have made good friends here ... & ... no doubt p!$$ed some people right orf when I've been 'On One' slight_frown ... no excuses there - my fault

My phone has become a necessity for me to function in the 21st century and goes everywhere with me smiling

How long have you been on the community ... and ... what have you learned ? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
More of a... *bleep* me off & I’ll *bleep* off..

We'd best be very careful then @Anonymous . smiling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I curtsey to you @Anonymous and doffs my cap *winks*

You're a very valuable member of the community Old Fart 

How is your foot coming along ?

Did you have to wear the silly boot after all ?

Message 12 of 21

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

6 years... Well, my stats say I joined in 2012, but I know I had been using O2 as Genie with a Moto Timeport L7089 phone that I kept for years (it had a belt clip!) before I got into the "upgrade" cycle... On-line billing came with the Moto, but I never ventured into the Community as a registered user for a long time after that, dipping in to learn about o2wap as it was called back then.

My "Spotlight" probably gives more away, but hey - seems I am among other late starters and happy with that. 😏

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Community-Spotlight-Pgn/m-p/1130139/highlight/true#M25382

Remind me never to annoy @Anonymous 🤣

Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
More of a... *bleep* me off & I’ll *bleep* off..

We'd best be very careful then @Anonymous . smiling

My perception of events aren't always accurate, so rather than explain it's easier to just to poke off & go work things out. (Half the time that doesn't work either, but time out is better than leaving a trail of carnage in your wake) 

& no boot @Anonymous .. it wasn't what they thought it was. I'm supposed to be taking it easy, but I'm finding it hard!

Vanilla cheesecake @pgn .. nom!

Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn I have just re-read your Spotlight - thank you for the blue link

Are you able to tell us anything up to date about your animals ?

Mine has just come in after being out since about 4:45am

Sun shining, no wind and rain stopped yahoo ... Marty was hardly wet and not hungry ... so ... where has he been ? btw he goes out when he indicates as he will not use the pristine litter tray still out 9 years later !

He'll be sleeping on the fleece blanket on top of the duvet on my bed no doubt

Message 15 of 21

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Cats @Anonymous tend to treat home bit like a hotel. A friend of mine had a big ginger cat visit every day she fed it then went home late to a neighbour who was not best pleased and complained but even when she didn't feed the big woolly ginger cat it stayed all day and went home to feed🤣
Can't win with a cat, cats rule😁
😺🙀

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don’t think you can ever truly own a cat.. they’re kings of their own destiny.. (or like me.. follow the food)
Message 17 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Remind me never to annoy @Anonymous 🤣

Just to remind you never to annoy @Anonymous Good Idea

Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Old proverb: A Cat May Look At A King + No Corgis Allowed Cat Tongue

It is said that A Cat Chooses You

My Marty is big, but not fat, he just likes his food ... he is long in the body and big boned (Yes, I've tried that at Weight Watchers before) *winks* me being 4'11.3/4"in height and rather more than round bodied LOL

Will rumage for a photo of Marty when I am able to LOL

I Hereby Promise To Never (Knowingly) Annoy @Anonymous smiling

Us Old Giffers Have To Stick Together 

Message 19 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Congrats on the 6 years on the community @Anonymous! yahoo cool

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 21