cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Years on the Community Today

Anonymous
Not applicable

6 Years on the Community Today - What Have I Learned ?

I remember being frightened of getting a Smart Phone - I was encouraged to go for it ... I have an Xperia L1 now with various phones in between ... one which ended up in the canal = no, it slipped out of my handbag Whistle

It was a senior regular who posted 'Google Is Your Friend' and said elsewhere 'the only stupid question is the one which isn't asked' ... with much help from the good knowledgeable people on the community I now know not to be afraid to ask 'naff' questions and eg now know not to have the Heebie Geebies when going into settings

I have made good friends here ... & ... no doubt p!$$ed some people right orf when I've been 'On One' slight_frown ... no excuses there - my fault

My phone has become a necessity for me to function in the 21st century and goes everywhere with me smiling

How long have you been on the community ... and ... what have you learned ? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

7 years for me on January 14th and I'm still learning. Dragged 'kicking and screaming' into the 21st century by my sons who demanded I got with the times and bought a smartphone. At the time I didn't think they were smart at all and made that comment on here more than once.rofl

I relied very heavily on certain members of the community to teach me the technical aspects of each and every phone I've ever owned and it's got easier as the time has gone on. For me it's called learning by 'rote'. One reason why I wont change from a Samsung. At my age, I like what I know and have no desire or need to start afresh learning about any other brand. Nowadays I have a Note 8. It has served me well and I know everything I need to know about it.

If I have a problem, it's simple. I will post a question here and it will be answered.

I've also found it's possible to make great friends on here, without ever seeing or meeting a person. Over the past three years I've been very grateful for that friendship.

I can't be doing with BS and say what I think and if I make a mistake I will admit to it.

I also have no problem giving medical advice whether people have asked for it or not LOL

Finally, as someone who used to be known as the 'Queen of Off Topic', I am so pleased to see how that area has grown and flourished and has become an integral part of the community.

That's it from me. Off to get some washing out of the machine.tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous 

Great and Happy o2 6 year Birthday.  I had my 1st o2 Birthday August 2019

I have had many mobile phones from about 1995 only taking phone calls not much internet at that time anyway, mainly only for the computers.

Then TalkTalk offered a combined internet access with Broadband so I bought a Microsoft phone

and the little PAYGO  sim phones for telephone calls/texts  went in a drawer and I am so pleased with that. I liked that phone, for me it was a great starter.

Then because Microsoft were not supporting their phones any more in 2019 I bought a Samsung Galaxy A70.  Now using that as a small computer too.  

Wouldn't be without my smart phone now either it also now takes on the home security too, so I can see the house and talk to a visitor wherever I am.  

When I moved to o2 and went on the community forum I found it very helpful and a true community not just answering queries.  Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging and the community managers could not be better.

I think it has develped alot since I joined and new members have added their support and off topics too. Each person brings a little of their personal life to the community.

What have I learned since being on o2?  More about mobile tech and procedures cool and try and be helpful where you can in that environment upside_down

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 21

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Congratulations on 6 years on the O2 Community @Anonymous 

Image result for congratulations images with cats

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 21

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Congrats I actually dont know my first year on year as this is like my 2nd account first I used then had to change the admins helped me lol
Message 5 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Congrats @Anonymous  and indeed to all longstanding members who have made this community what it is. I too have made friends who have helped me through past and ongoing bad times.

So....the drinks are on Jane in the virtual lounge tonight!wink

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff @TallTrees @Mi-Amigo @liggerz87 @jonsie for contributing to this thread

Not to single anyone out ... but ... love the kitten sparkly gif @Mi-Amigo 

Bar is about to open in the Virtual Lounge

As @jonsie says the drinks are on me tonight *cheers*

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can’t imagine hanging round anywhere for 6 years! Some staying power that!

How long have I been here.. not that long.. what have I learnt.. not much! (But I’m open to it)

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I can’t imagine hanging round anywhere for 6 years! Some staying power that!

How long have I been here.. not that long.. what have I learnt.. not much! (But I’m open to it)

Are you a bit of 'A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss' then @Anonymous ? innocent

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
More of a... *bleep* me off & I’ll *bleep* off..
Message 10 of 21