Did you mean: 

❤️ Movies in February 2021: Romantic movies special! ❤️

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We couldn't let love week go by without talking about some of the great romantic movies out there! We all love settling down in front of the TV to watch a great movie with that special someone so in the usual format I'll recommend a few great titles of my own and you can share your top picks for date night in the comments! 

First up is Romancing the Stone, a classic mix of action, adventure and romance! This was one of the only films my grandmother had on VHS growing up so I've seen it a fair few times laughing It follows the story of nerdy romance writer who goes on the hunt for her missing sister after her brother in law is murdered by a Colombian crime gang. Along the way she meets up with a grumpy adventurer and ends up in a journey straight out of one of her novels! 

We all know the story of Titanic, the doomed and supposedly unsinkable ship that ended in disaster at the hands of a pesky iceberg. James Cameron 1997 version features plenty of action but also works in a great romance story between an upper class passenger and one from the lower decks who won his ticket in a bet. 

I'm a big sci fi fan so the next romantic movie is right up my street, Passengers is about a colony ship on a 120 year journey to a new planet when one of the hyper-sleep pods malfunctions waking one of the passengers 90 years early. I still need to see this one so no spoilers in the comments. wink

Not your traditional romantic film but Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a great watch! It follows a separated couple who relive their relationship while undergoing a medical procedure to erase the memories together. 

Last up is a classic, The Bodyguard! The 1992 movie staring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston tells the story of a bodyguard who falls in love with the woman he's been hired to protect. It's a great mix of action and romance, perfect for a date night! 

So, let us know your favourite romantic movies to watch on a date night or just when you're in the mood for a bit of romance! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion @Anonymous I saw The Dig on my suggestions list so will check it out on your recommendation. slight_smile

I don't think I ever saw Sleepless In Seattle @Mi-Amigo. I'll have to give it a watch as I hear nothing but good things. 

@gmarkj@sheepdog I think I saw Passengers available on Prime Video so I'll give it a watch and let you know what I think. 

You cant go wrong with a re-watch of the Bodyguard @Anonymous! laughing

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35807 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
I watched Passengers again recently, as Amazon put it back into the Free to Watch Prime section again. Stunning visuals, a huge ship that really impressed, compared with, say, Alien's Nostromo or the German/Swiss Cargo's Kassandra (2009).
Passengers also looks at the psychological effects of interstellar travel, and how a ship travelling at a decent fraction of light speed needs not just complex logic to keep it operating properly, but hands too. All three films I mention have plot holes - just enjoy the visuals and the scale of each!
Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122839 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I watched The Dig as recommended by @Anonymous  and thoroughly enjoyed it. Based on a true story which made it all the more enjoyable.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Glad you enjoyed it thumbsup

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff Glad you enjoyed it thumbsup

I watched it on Saturday and whilst it was an interesting subject (I love archeology), I found it very slow and a tad boring to be honest even though I managed to sit through it all.

Message 15 of 15