Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scams

JOHN65
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

is there a scam going round that o2 are replaceing sim cards and block old simcards ????

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

Yes and No. 

O2 are replacing some very old SIM cards. However, scammers, on the ball as usual, are calling people to get account details

If the call comes from a mobile number then it will be a scam

If in doubt call O2

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

kthorpe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Actually this is the reason I am leaving my current provider. Overnight my sim card was deactivated and they had issued an E-Sim to a third party who used 2 factor authentication to then access my emails and attempts were made to access my banking. Beware. I will be asking O2 to block ALL E-Sim requests

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

ESIMS on O2 can only be got through Customer Services or by calling into an O2 store with photo ID

Those delivered remotely still have to be installed by you so you have a layer of protection there.

The advice here is if you don’t need an eSIM stay we'll clear. A search of this forum will show why

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94381 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

initely stay with a plastic sim if at all possible

O2 and esims are not a good mix

Message 5 of 5