Did you mean: 

Priority Music Highlights - 22th March Onwards

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hello everybody!

Let's check out some the artists featured on the O2 Priority website this week 🎹

Indie rockers from Leeds, Kaiser Chiefs are going to take an extensive UK tour next November. If you've been to indie parties in the mid-2000s I'm sure you've sure danced to a few of their tunes, such as this one:

Their singles compilation album is available on Apple Music.
Tickets for their thirteen dates UK tour are going to be available tomorrow 9 am.

If you, like myself, like that kind of band who mixes different genres in a cauldron and come out with a psychedelic tinged groove of it, then you'll probably enjoy Khruangbin. I'm looking forward to seeing them live at some point, as a mate of mine has been to one of their gigs and told me that he even cried because of how good it was. Perhaps some alcohol was involved, but nonetheless, I'm sure they are amazing live. You can see for yourself here: 

Their Apple Music Essentials playlist is a great place to start if you've never heard about them. They also have a rather charming retro-looking playlist generator on their website and they used to run an excellent show on the brilliant NTS radio.
Tickets for their UK Leeds and Birmingham gigs are going to be available tomorrow from 10 am.

Last but not least, the hit-makers Duran Duran. Out of their plethora of top 10 hits I must confess this one always gets me but I've decided to leave the space below for a song produced by an artist previously highlighted here on our very own Priority Music Highlights. 

Their Apple Music artist page has a lot of quality content for fans such as interviews, essential albums, music videos and especially curated playlists.
Tickets for their Halifax gig available tomorrow from 9 am.

As there are some many options of shows on Priority, and artists from so many different genres, it's actually very hard to pick just three of them to highlight here on the community. Hope that you guys have discovered or rediscovered an artist or band; or have found out about the gig of an artist you already love in this post! Please leave your comment if you enjoyed any of the songs shared above slight_smile

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35243 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Love the videos, @RafaC - the Kaiser Chiefs one is very good, and the Khruangbin one is like a whole album - a very catchy way to get people interested in Priority 👍 If course, the WRQ on Monday (https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/White-Room-Quiz-Mon-21-Mar-2022/m-p/1538653/highlight/true#M...) conveniently linked to your 3rd clip 😆

Message 2 of 3

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks for sharing @pgn slight_smile
Really glad you've enjoyed the videos and thanks for the feedback wink

That Khruangbin gig is like a whole album indeed, find it so nice to listen to it in its entirety. 

Yes, I had to mention it on Monday's WRQ as funnily enough one of the answers (which I got wrong btw 🙄) was Duran Duran. What a coincidence! 🤣

Message 3 of 3