Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority App

Geeza_25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My son is on pay as you go with O2 but he can no longer seem to access the O2 priority app since his last i-phone software update. It says it will text a code to his phone but the text doesnt come through. What can he do? 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
WiFi will be the problem then as O2 don't send security texts over WiFi.
He will need to be in an area where texts can be received over the network normally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Might be best delete app download and try again or use the Apple back up thing and restore it
Message 2 of 8

Geeza_25
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. I did try reinstalling the app but no luck. I considered doing a restore but I did a factory reset on it a while ago and he now likes his phone as it is (lots more memory etc) so I was hoping to find another solution. 

He can send and receive texts okay so I dont understand why he doesnt get the one from O2 with the code.

Furthermore I tried to ring the helpline number and his phone number was not recognised !!

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Which app is he using for text messages as some app will put network texts into spam so get him to check the spam settings in his message app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Geeza_25
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. He can send and receive texts using wi-fi, so he wasnt using an app.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
WiFi will be the problem then as O2 don't send security texts over WiFi.
He will need to be in an area where texts can be received over the network normally.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Geeza_25
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Awesome. Thanks very much for your help. 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No problem slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8