Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 09.35.42.png

Hi everyone, 

On Wednesday 30 January at 9:00am, you'll be able to grab some tickets on Priority for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' June 8th gig in Inverness, Bught Park. 

Noel Gallagher formed this English rock band in 2010, after leaving Oasis as lead guitarist and songwriter. The band is now touring with a few other former members of Oasis, as well as the bassist from The Zutons. 

Are you a fan of Noel Gallagher and his band? Have you seen him/them live before, or are you interested in going to see them on their tour next year?

Let us know in the comments! Dance                                                         

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I like Noel Gallagher and have his band's 3 albums.  The first album is by far the best album, and AKA... What a Life! the best song.

I've never seen him live though.

Thanks

Steve
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

To be fair, Noel Gallagher and High Flying Birds are vastly superior to Liam Gallagher and Beady Eye.

Though as brothers they both need their heads banging together!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@welshsteve76 Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check that album out! Is it just that you've never had the chance to see them live, or are you not too interested? Maybe you could visit Inverness next year when they're performing there wink

@jonsie I take it you're not a fan? joy

@Cleoriff I'm not familiar with Liam Gallagher and Beady Eye much, I'll have a look at the sort of music they make later thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 5 of 12

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I agree, Liam Gallagher is only famous because of his brother.  Noel is the one with all the talent.

@EmilieT- I've never really had the chance, but given the option of seeing Noel live, I'm not sure I'd take it, unless he was part of a festival lineup where I would be going to see other bands I like.  I'm not sure if I'd fork out to see them live on their own tour.

Thanks

Steve
Message 6 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

I agree, Liam Gallagher is only famous because of his brother.  Noel is the one with all the talent.

@EmilieT- I've never really had the chance, but given the option of seeing Noel live, I'm not sure I'd take it, unless he was part of a festival lineup where I would be going to see other bands I like.  I'm not sure if I'd fork out to see them live on their own tour.

@welshsteve76 That's fair enough! Out of curiosity, were you also a fan of Oasis?

signature

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@EmilieTI know you didn't ask me the question but I'll answer if that's ok?

I loved Oasis, so did both of my sons. My husband did NOT. He felt they were ripping off the Beatles. (or trying to be a second Beatle band)

Noel and Liam made no secret of the fact that The Beatles were their inspiration....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Don't worry at all, the question is open to everyone really! hugging

It's interesting your husband didn't like them just because of that, all bands have inspirations and quite often you'll hear a song from one band and think of another. I have no issue with that as long as it's still good music ... and I also really liked Oasis smiling

Did you get a chance to see them live, as part of the many gigs you've been to in the past?

signature

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

No I didn't @EmilieT

My lads saw them at Glastonbury, Leeds and Reading festivals.

I have only seen live concerts shown on the TV....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12