Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McDonalds Promotion

Matt1967
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received a promotion for a free McDonald's product on Tuesday's via O2 Priority, went to my local restaurant to redeem only to be refused, as this particular restaurant had a drive-thru and apparently this offer is only valid in restaurants without a drive-thru!

Really disappointing that this wasn't made clear in the promotion, could have saved myself a trip and the embarrassment of being declined!

There is also only a 25 minute window to redeem once activated, so even if I could find a restaurant without a drive-thru, the voucher would have expired before you could get there.

Would imagine majority of McDonalds now have a drive-thru, so as perks go, this isn't one!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Typical !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Matt1967 The promotion should have been clearer, but I would think that your complaint should be directed more towards McDonald's as they probably set the rule.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Matt1967
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Completely disagree, whether it is a condition set by McDonalds, or not, as an O2 Priority promotion, the onus is on them to make any restrictions/exemptions clear.

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

No offence but it is very clear that it is not valid at the drive thru and most of the drive thru's have a full restaurant inside, you just can't use it at the Drive Thru window. 

You just had to go inside, if not complain to McDonalds about their staff been incompetent.  IT IS YOUR REPSONSIBILTY TO READ the terms...  

Lots and lots of others seem to have manged to and get the free McDonalds..
Also the 25minute rule is the same as Gregg's and Cafe Nero.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5