Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ 6 month free offer

dr3wmurphy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I registered for the 6 months free Disney+ offer on O2 Priority and received an email saying "Within 48 hours, your Disney+ O2 Extra Bolt On will be ready in your My O2 account. You’ll receive an email and SMS when it’s ready."

It's been 72 hours and I haven't received any email or SMS. I've checked my spam folder, nothing. When I try to phone O2 they hang up on me. Should I keep waiting, or has something gone wrong?

Appreciate any help!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@dr3wmurphy 

Give customer services a call. All numbers are in this link. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@dr3wmurphy

You need to redeem by going to my extras within Myo2 and following the instructions, unfortunately Disney will ask for card details but you wont be charged.

Fulll details are here: https://www.o2.co.uk/extras/disney-plus
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

dr3wmurphy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response. But when I follow the link you sent it says "Not ready for an upgrade? Add Disney+ as an Extra to your current plan via My O2 for £5.99 a month, and we’ll give you £2 a month off your bill." I am not a new customer, nor have I upgraded recently.

Whereas the email I received says "Get 6 months on us (“Extra Period”). You’ll be automatically opted in to a paid monthly subscription of £5.99pm after Extra Period. Opt out at any time. Charges applied to O2 bill & are subject to change. Eligibility: available for existing O2 customers who receive this message only." Which indicates I do not need to be a new customer to get this deal.

I do not want to end up getting charged, but if this is a genuine offer I would like to take it up!

The email response I received indicated that Disney+ would automatically be added as a bolt on to my account, but this hasn't happened.

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@dr3wmurphy 

Give customer services a call. All numbers are in this link. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

dr3wmurphy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. I spoke with O2 and it seems I received the Disney+ offer email in error. Thankfully O2 acknowledged the error and were willing to honour the deal.

Message 5 of 7

Subbu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have applied for Disney+ free for 6 months and haven't received the mail. It's more than 3 days. Would like to know how to get it.

Thanks
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Subbu 

You need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7