Did you mean: 

Selling iwatch

DPAKeller
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

I have an iWatch purchased on contract through O2. My wife and I both have iPhones, however she does not have an iWatch. My iWatch is associated with my phone number. If I am to give her my iWatch will she able to use the iWatch giving her all of her notifications or will she get mine also?

Cheers in advance.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@DPAKeller 

It will remain on your account until you ask customer service to remove it. You'll need to pay it off fully for them to do that.

It can be used on Bluetooth connection only linked to your wife's phone but whilst still on your account your cellular functions will still go through to it.

So in short, yes, you need to pay it off and remove it from your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@DPAKeller 

You would have to reset the watch to get rid of all your info.

She could then use it by linking it to HER Apple ID.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@DPAKeller 

Customer service would need to remove the watch from your account and link it to your wife's.

The watch has to be associated with an iPhone tariff for it to work as well as requiring a separate data plan for all cellular functions.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

DPAKeller
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What if she is on Vodafone?
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@DPAKeller 

It would need a data plan from Vodafone.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

DPAKeller
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5

Sorry for being a bit dim, I kinda need this in black and white before I go ahead and buy the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.

Question : do I need to pay off the watch before she can use it with cellular (as she’s on Vodafone)?
Question : if I don’t pay it off can she still use it without the cellular? And If so can use it, will she be getting my text messages?

Thanks in advance.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@DPAKeller 

It will remain on your account until you ask customer service to remove it. You'll need to pay it off fully for them to do that.

It can be used on Bluetooth connection only linked to your wife's phone but whilst still on your account your cellular functions will still go through to it.

So in short, yes, you need to pay it off and remove it from your account.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7