Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam

Mrsb123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone help I am new as my account was virgin for 20 years we were moved over to 02 few weeks ago and my account was scammed last week they took it over have ordered over 2 grands worth of devices (i have a similar only deal using a reconditioned old handset) and despite calling the fraud in eight mins after realising the order went thru to the address they changed it to in my account and next day I called 202 the new direct debits are being set up it seems I'm told something different every call and its feeling very much like I'm going to end up in court.

I'm devestated and anxious about how none of it was cancelled at my first contact and fraud team taking 30 days will have a huge effect on my mental wellbeing. 

I've had to go into my bank had to re set numerous pass words and still my tariff s not reverted back and the scammers address is visible in app ??? I've reported it to action fraud and called 02 daily as my situation appears to be getting worse not better.

Any Advice please.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36052 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

I'm afraid we are all customers here so can't help you on this, @Mrsb123 

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

You have contacted your bank and changed all your passwords, not just O2 - good.

Report to Action Fraud

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Vigilance is key, and these scammers can be very abusive if egged-on!

Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Mrsb123 

Simple question, did you give over the One Time password to the Scammers? As if you did you may be found liable as the texts do specifically call out not to give the password to anyone even from o2.. 

And you will just need to wait for the Fraud team to complete their investigations

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3