Did you mean: 

Enabling WiFi calling following move to O2 from Virgin mobile

CN1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I’ve always used WiFi calling at home as the reception here is rubbish. My contract moved to O2 on Monday (but my phone payments are still going to Virgin, I believe). WiFi calling is not enabled any more and the message tells me to go to MyO2 to enable it. I’m supposed to access ‘Device details’ or some such. However, this isn’t available in my menu. Can anyone advise how I can simply re-enable WiFi calling, please? Bit annoyed about this, to be honest…!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

CN1
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

According to the info in myO2, I do have it turned on...

Message 11 of 41

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6867 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1532 Solutions

What phone? On some Android phones it has to be enables using one of the circles in the pull down menu AND in the Settings in the phones dialer app.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

@CN1 wrote:

Do you happen to know where I can activate it in myO2, please, @gmarkj?

Unfortunately, no.

I have recently been moved onto o2's new system, 360, so a large number of items are currently not working.

Anyone else know where the "button" is on their account?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 41

andyl
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue, its enabled on my account (also forced over to O2 from Virgin) but when i try enable it on my iPhone I get sent to the O2 web site which just seems to try sell you some more stuff.

I didn’t know that it was possible to have a more difficult to use website than virgin media 😭

Message 14 of 41

GrannyD
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also having the same issue. I have had a new SIM, reset network settings but still can’t get it. Currently in an area with poor coverage and require Wi-Fi calling. Has anyone had a solution yet?

Message 15 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

As mentioned before @andyl and @GrannyD , there are 3 steps to getting it to work.

1. o2 customer services enable it on your account
  2. You turn it on in your My o2
  3. You turn it on in your phone's settings

This is the official page from o2 about WiFi calling:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 41

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @CN1 Were you able to get this sorted?

@gmarkj @Enlli With 360 accounts, the wifi calling is automatically "on" so in theory you should just be able to switch it on in your device and go. If there are issues arising despite switching it on in the device, it's something that needs to be investigated so reaching out to social would be the best option.

Message 17 of 41

Enlli
  • 6867 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1532 Solutions

@Breanna Thanx for the info

Are we right to assume all those coming from Virgin will be on 360?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 41

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

It looks like anyone coming from Virgin will be going to the legacy billing system so all our guides here should apply.  So if the usual steps have been followed as outlined by @gmarkj are followed and still no joy, the social team can investigate what's going on.

1. o2 customer services enable it on your account
  2. You turn it on in your My o2
  3. You turn it on in your phone's settings
Message 19 of 41

CN1
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Breanna, no it hasn’t been resolved. See above for all the steps I followed. Please can you investigate? Thanks 

Message 20 of 41