cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'new user issues' cant find Chat transcript log in MyO2.

C-dog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

First post here so please bear with me...

I transfered to O2 last week and have now the SIM which arrived next day.. I then thought to bring my old number with me and so opened chat in MyO2 and we went through the necessary.. all OK so far... the operative told me that the transcript for our chat would be recorded in my account and that I would recieve 2 reminders, before and on the day of transfer...

I have a bad memory so I went looking for the transcript and it has not been Emailed, nor can I find it anywhere in MyO2, to confirm the details I was given... I am not used to the format of the O2 webpage so maybe I am not seeing the obvious but...

can someone help me?

Regards C-dog

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Transcripts for O2 Online chats only happen if you see *and* click the "e-mail me a transcript" button before closing down the Chat window when the Chat has ended.

Yes it would be nice if all the transcripts were available in your MyO2 account, given you have to be logged in to your MyO2 to initiate the on-line chat session... Bang

Chat sessions have been known to close mid-session, also no record available to you of what was or was not discussed in that case ;(

I suspect the transcript has gone to that great big bit-bucket in the sky, @C-dog - and welcome to the Community Forum! Handshake

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check your spam folder as they sometimes go in there
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@C-dog 

Info on how to keep number here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

You would be better off ringing customer services (not live chat). If you can't do it today then they are open at 8am tomorrow. Between 8-8.30am is the best time to call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Transcripts for O2 Online chats only happen if you see *and* click the "e-mail me a transcript" button before closing down the Chat window when the Chat has ended.

Yes it would be nice if all the transcripts were available in your MyO2 account, given you have to be logged in to your MyO2 to initiate the on-line chat session... Bang

Chat sessions have been known to close mid-session, also no record available to you of what was or was not discussed in that case ;(

I suspect the transcript has gone to that great big bit-bucket in the sky, @C-dog - and welcome to the Community Forum! Handshake

Message 4 of 7

C-dog
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ty Cleoriff... I will next time this...

wink regards C-dog

Message 5 of 7

C-dog
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ty for your input pgn

I have waited until now to come back as I needed to have something to update... the one thing I remembered well from the' apparently' lost transcript was that the exchange should happen on the 5th/today... it has happened... I recieved a message this AM at 07:20 to tell me my new Password 😞 and it appears that at that point, or some point therafter this morning, the transfer occured as the old suppliers SIM ceased to work...

I looked at the time of the Chat, aforementioned, and saw no opportunity to save the transcript in any way... I am used to the chat window of the previous supplier and their '+' option was obvious and I have always used it but I have to say that although I looked with this chat I didnt see such an option available and when I tried to do anything the MyO2 wanted to send a passcode to the O2 number I was not yet using so I could not delve into MyAccount fully...

altogether I must say that I agree wholeheartedly with your comments/suggestions

Success is good but the road was bumpier than I might have expected...

Thankyou for your input and that of the others who showed an interest in my concerns..

Regards C-dog

Message 6 of 7

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

You're most welcome, @C-dog!

Hopefully, you'll find more on the Community forums to pique your interest thumbsup

Message 7 of 7