Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The code you send me is to the wrong mobile number

IWT1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You’re trying to send me a code so that I can access my account but the code is to the wrong number, this needs to be changed or I can’t pay the bill. You need my actual mobile phone number which is different to this. You have my email address, can you contact me & Ill send you a phone number to use.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37253 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

When the code is sent, you get the option, if more than one number is present, to select the number you want the SMS to be sent to.

If this is not happening, despite the correct number being selected, @IWT1 , try the tips here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) and meantime see if the MyO2 app lets you get into your account - then check your details to confirm the correct number is registered. You can also add a second number if it helps, as here: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/OTP-OTAC-to-Log-in-to-MyO2/m-p/1719280/highlight/true#M26283

(Screenshots in there are from Web version of MyO2, this section in the app should work as well, from Account at foot of screen, then the easy-to-miss View all details from the next screen!)

pgn_0-1719651309748.png

Otherwise, contact O2 via Social Media at one of the ways in the link just below. Good luck.

Message 2 of 2