Did you mean: 

Sending text messages online through My o2

Symone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

I just wanted to ask whether it is possible for me to send a text message through my online My o2 account as I have forgotten my mobile at home today?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Symone
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you all (Jonsie, Cleoriff and Marjo) for your asssitance.  I have tried the link and no it doesn't work.  I will just have to settle for sending an email and hope that they receive this.  thumbsup

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Symone

Not sure, I will check. You can use messenger online...though only if the other person has it?

Edited to add, I have just found this ...I had no idea of it's existence!

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,T=broadband_main_test,Problem=24...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Symone

You will have to read through the link to see if it's applicable to you. I'm not certain it's still operational...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

It isn't possible I'm afraid. You would need an app on your phone such as MightyText or mysms with the corresponding app on a PC which would allow you to send and receive sms from the PC. Other than that you need to use apps such as WhatsApp or messenger as long as the recipient has the same app.

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsieThey should remove that link then surely?.

I didn't think you could, but googled and came up with that. It needs to be removed if no longer operational?  @Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

If memory serves me right, there is still a link for Blue book which was discontinued 10 years ago. Oh...and O2 Wallet?

Message 6 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Cheers for the tag @Cleoriff slight_smile Thanks for reporting the link, it does look like an old one. I'll pass this on. I believe the online text messaging was discontinued some time ago.

Please do continue flagging any other pages that you feel need updating at any point if you come across any, and we'll pass these on. thumbsup

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Cheers for the tag @Cleoriff slight_smile Thanks for reporting the link, it does look like an old one. I'll pass this on. I believe the online text messaging was discontinued some time ago.

Please do continue flagging any other pages that you feel need updating at any point if you come across any, and we'll pass these on. thumbsup

Over 5 years ago @Marjo

Message 8 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Over 5 years ago @Marjo

Whoops smiling How time flies @jonsie

Message 9 of 11

Symone
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you all (Jonsie, Cleoriff and Marjo) for your asssitance.  I have tried the link and no it doesn't work.  I will just have to settle for sending an email and hope that they receive this.  thumbsup

Message 10 of 11