Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed

ROBRV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took a call from who I thought was o2. They said they were granting 30% contract discounts due to good customer circumstances. I should have realised this wasn't right, But I agreed to the discount verbally they then sent me a code to confirm who I am, which I was then asked for I gave it; which in hindsight was a massive red flag.

They must have accessed my02 and conned me it allow them certain access as now I have emailed from o2 say they have accepted my request for an iPhone 13 pro 1Tb upgrade and will be dispatching it asap.

I'm a sim-only contract, so this is not something I don't need or can afford- I can't seem to get o2 to respond to me to cancel, this is ridiculous.

Clearly, to me, I was duped by fraudsters and they are of course not putting a discount on my account. But scamming me into a high-end phone on my account and I can't cancel it with o2, as they have no mechanism to help me right now.

I did not order this ms-121498311.

In the meantime, I have changed my 'myo2' account password.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

@ROBRV - 

You need O2 to cancel this order immediately.

It also needs to be reported to action fraud https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ 

If the phone does turn up at your address you need to take delivery so you can return it to O2 and not to the fake policeman that may turn up to intercept the delivery.

O2 Fraud Line option on 202, 24hours, and O2 Social Media Team below - let them know quickly!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

@ROBRV - 

You need O2 to cancel this order immediately.

It also needs to be reported to action fraud https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ 

If the phone does turn up at your address you need to take delivery so you can return it to O2 and not to the fake policeman that may turn up to intercept the delivery.

O2 Fraud Line option on 202, 24hours, and O2 Social Media Team below - let them know quickly!

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@ROBRV Unfortunately, you've opened a can of worms that can sometimes be difficult to close. Don't just change your O2 password. Change ALL your passwords. Also inform your bank so they can monitor your account for any suspicious charges. 

Too late for you to reiterate the warning about responding to any cold call, but maybe someone else will read this thread and learn.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

ROBRV
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I did most of this. I just wanted to let people know it's happening still, as I fell for the scam.

Message 4 of 7

ROBRV
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your advice, I posted my situation up as a point to all, as I feel stupid I fell for the scam- I have reported it all and changed passwords. 

Message 5 of 7

SCOFIE
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I Rob this just happened to me today. I can’t believe I fell for it either and feel really stupid. What was the outcome? I cannot believe thatvo2 can’t just cancel the order immediately. Instead you have wait for the phone to be delivered. I rang a few hours after I had realised I had been scammed so it should be easy just to cancel the order. If it does get sent to me I was going to refuse delivery so it’s goes straight back. Any advice welcome. Thanks Sam 

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@SCOFIE 

The problem is as soon as you provide that code, that it specifically tells you in the previous text to not give to anyone even o2, you become liable for the contract, as you have provided the code willing, and against the warning in the text... 

Your best bet is to log with Action Fraud https://www.actionfraud.police.uk  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7