Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove age restriction

Alexj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm currently trying to remove age restriction from my account, but I can't do it online or using the 61018 phone number because they require me to have a credit card.

It says alternatively I can call the 202 customer service number or go in store. Currently during lockdown the shops are shut, so that's not an option. I tried calling the customer service number and it said calls are prioritized for only the most important problems. I tried carrying on anyway, and it just had the automated voice say "we can't help you at the moment" and then it hung up.

Everything else just directs me to seeking help online, which takes me to the same dead end help pages that tell me to phone up. I can't seem to find anywhere to speak to an Advisor through online chat.

Does anyone have an idea on how to speak to an advisor online at the moment?? Or how I can remove the age restrictions myself but without a credit card?? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Alexj 

Your only option currently is to speak to customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Alexj
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm sorry but I can't seem to find a way of doing that. It says I can speak to someone using the live chat on the O2 app, but when I search "Live chat" it just says this is not currently possible.

It then directs me to the same Help pages that advise me to call up or use a method requiring a credit card, or advise me to use the O2 community for advice.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Alexj 

Live chat is not working currently.

Calling is your only option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Alexj
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Every time I try calling it says "we can't help you at the moment" and automatically hangs up... 😞
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Try at 8am @Alexj 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6