Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help I am getting desperate

dgfive
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On the 28th September 2023 at O2 Store I was sold a Pocket Hotspot 4G Black CCA on a monthly rolling contract which I could cancel at any point. I used the product (when it worked as connection dropped many times) until I called O2 on January 2024 asking to cancel the contract. I was told I had to go in store to cancel this. I tried multiple O2 stores both said I was unable to cancel.

Since then, I have made 26 phone calls to O2 asking for someone to please end this contract as I am

paying direct debit of £28 per month something I can no longer afford due to now being on Adult

Disability Payment for severe chronic illness. Every time I called O2 they would transfer the call to many

different departments including someone I spoke to from Philippines and south Africa

During my call with O2 support in south Africa I was told they would cancel my contract and an email

should appear soon. I stayed on the call until the email appeared of which it never did and when I

questioned why it hasn’t appeared they cut me off. Every call to support was ended by O2 support

cutting me off with no reason why. I have spent hours and hours on hold and talking to so many

different individuals and nobody will take responsibility for my account

It gets worse.

3 days ago I went to another O2 store and a Member of staff there said the only way around

this is to purchase a sim only and transfer the number across. I thought this is my only option and my son contract end in a month so he said he would change his number and use the sim. I was told it would update the tariff but the O2 app is now showing both and a direct debit of £56. I went into O2 store to see the guy who sold some it and he said it takes time for it to update in the app...its still not updated

I am now in sheer panic as I don't have £56 pounds until my benefits in. Ive called O2 again but nobody will help me. I have never experienced anything like this before

What can I do?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5871 Posts
  • 101 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@dgfive 

Welcome to this O2 customer to customer community. 

Given your health issues, please see :-

Accessibility & Vulnerable Customers Policy | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/accessibility-vulnerable-customers-policy

That page gives you the option of contacting O2 via their Support Request Form.

Have you considered trying to contact O2 via social media ? The team is well thought of and might be a better option for you. There contact details are herein :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Message 2 of 4

dgfive
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Ive completed Support Request Form.

Social media you mean Facebook?

Im mentally exhausted knowing I'm not having to pay £56 month when already on benefits and in debt. No idea how O2 can get away with this. Ive emailed This morning Martin lewis also as no idea what to do. Called again today 5 times and they hang up after they can't help me

Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12096 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @dgfive 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4