Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments.

JC20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I woke up today to a message from o2 saying that i havent paid £102 and that its being moved to a debt company but when i go on o2 to try to pay it because it said at the end of the message that i can, it says that i have £0.00 to pay, so im confused how i should pay it or if theres been a mistake

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Check the message carefully: Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

If you can log in to your MyO2 app, you can cross-check. Otherwise Guide: How to find help & contact O2 @JC20 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

From a book-keeping and accounting perspective @JC20, you might well have a £nil balance on your account with O2 if they have sold your debt to a Debt Collection Agency (DCA) ; that's because you don't owe O2 any longer but you now owe the DCA. 

Is your O2 'phone still working or have you been disconnected ? Do you think that you owe O2 money ? 

Certainly, selling debts to a DCA is O2's modus-operandi, so it could well be genuine if you believe that you owe O2 that sort of sum. 👍  

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93887 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Sounds like your debt has already been sold on to the debt collection agency

This is why O2 state your account is £0.00 to pay

You will need to pay the DCA now as they will have purchased your debt from O2 meaning the account is settled with O2

Message 4 of 4