Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 credit default needs to be taken off urgently

KA2308
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys, I urgently need a default taken off my account from 3 years ago. I’m no longer with o2 and have a perfect payment record. However there was a last payment that o2 didn’t make me aware of. They accepted liability and credited my account however a couple of years on I have recently been looking at getting credit and a mortgage. I desperately need this credit however I’ve been denied this because of this default. It’s stressing me out and I can’t get anywhere as because of this - I’ve emailed them a week ago and no response. Experian also contacted the credit referral team 2 weeks ago for permission to remove the default. However they’ve not heard anything. Can anybody advise?? I’m seriously so stressed especially as the default shouldn’t be there and over this I can’t get anything
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

KA2308
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you I will email them on this address. Although, I did get an automated response from the other email but not an actual reply 

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149588 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@KA2308 

If you place the notice of dispute this then requires the credit agency to verify the default with the lender.

If the lender cannot prove it with verifiable evidence, the agency will remove the default anyway. 

I do understand how stressful this can be, but there is nothing else we can do here for you unfortunately, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 17

KA2308
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
An update : as of 2/7/21 o2 officially removed my default. I complained and the lady dealing with my complaint concluded that the default never should have been there. The credit files team then removed it and my credit score instantly went back up to excellent. Persistence and patience is definitely key!
Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 126092 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Really pleased to hear it @KA2308.

As you say, being persistent is the key thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 149588 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@KA2308 

Pleased you got this resolved at last slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 17

StayGolden
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Where did you manage to complain? I am in a similar situation and have emailed the provided email address 3x and have yet to hear back.

Message 16 of 17

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@StayGolden 

If you are addressing that question to @KA2308, you need to tag him in thus. However, please bear in mind that this thread is now two and a half years old, so your chances of getting a reply might be slim. 

Could I suggest that you start a new conversation, articulate your problem clearly and succinctly and ask for advice ? The guidance will then be particular to your issue.    

Message 17 of 17