Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim

ALR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i want to convert my sim in eSIM home to do it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94299 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Unless you really need an esim it really isn't worth it

If you need one best option is to call instore with photo ID

If you call customer service they will order you one but your current sim will be disconnected and you will have to wait until a sim is delivered to you although you might be able to install it in My O2 once it is ordered

Message 2 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38701 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1738 Solutions

Take phone, SIM and photo id to an O2 shop, @ALR.

Or you can call 202 to get them to send the info to you, but as soon as the item is marked "sent", your phone service will disappear - until you receive whatever they send you to activate your nice new e-sim on your handset.

Don't do it unless you have to - it makes upgrades a nightmare, as you are unable to transfer the e-sim from old to new phone without going to O2, or calling them up - which invariably means logging into your MyO2 which you can't do if your e-sim is off-line/disconnected as you can't get the OTP they send you to get logged into MyO2...

Life, in O2's world, is a sequence of paradoxes...

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149828 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28527 Solutions

@ALR 

Add a second mobile number (partners, childs etc) to your MyO2 as a contact number.

You will then be able to choose that number to have the OTP sent to to gain access to your esim once you've spoken to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4