Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End my contract

Ashleyb1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I want to end my contract (22nd June) it finishes.. and go to a sim only deal. How do I do this?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You just need to upgrade through My O2 and choose a sim only deal. You keep the same sim card.

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Ashleyb1 

You can do this yourself via My O2. When you are due to upgrade, you should see this

upgrade sim only.PNG

Once you choose the sim only tariff you want, it will all be changed on the system. You keep the same number and same payment date.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

treya123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello. Can I cancelled my contract by email ?
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@treya123 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

treya123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I understand But maybe do you know if this is possible ? Because I have to give The required 30 Days notice to teminate my contract . And I already leave England so I can't go there. And im a little bit afraid to Phone o2 because my English is not very good.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@treya123 

You can write a letter and post it.

Taken from the guide above:

However, if you don't want to keep your number you should write a letter and send this by RECORDED DELIVERY to the following address:

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

If you want a template letter the following is a letter I've used to terminate in writing on 3 before (and believe me if you can avoid calling 3 to terminate you really want to) but is easily adaptable to O2 and other networks

[ADDRESS]

[DATE]

BY RECORDED DELIVERY

RE ACCOUNT NUMBER [ACCOUNT NUMBER] MOBILE NUMBER [MOBILE NUMBER]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to give the required 30 days notice to terminate my contract in respect of the above-referenced account/mobile number.

Please note that this letter has been sent by recorded delivery and therefore notice will be deemed to have been served from the date the letter has been confirmed signed for by Royal Mail. I do not wish to retain my mobile number and do not require a PAC code.

Please confirm IN WRITING that you have actioned my termination request and the date on which my service with you will terminate. I would also ask that you dispense with any retention activity. My decision regarding this termination is final and any attempt to call me to retain me will serve as an annoyance which may reduce the likelihood that I will return to O2 in the future

I look forward to receiving written confirmation of the ending of my contract

Yours Sincerely

[SIGNATURE AND YOUR NAME HERE]

Keep an eye on the tracking and make a note when the letter was signed for. Count forward 30 days from this date. This is the date your service should be terminated on. If there are any discrepancies between this and the date you are given you may need to make further contact and check the dates, pointing out that you have proof of when the notice was served. Barring any issues through your service should terminate 30 days from when the letter was received and a final bill will be issued.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7