Did you mean: 

Data alerts and bolt on

Tracey12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all

I bought 1 gb as a one time only purchase not as a monthly ongoing charge, please can someone clarify.

The order page said I would have a cooling off period but what use is that if I have no way to cancel?

I felt the urgency to buy this as I had a data alert on my phone that I was going over 2gb. I remember turning off wifi and forgetting to put it back on recently so I thought that was why. I then saw my tariff on the order page and its said that I have a 6gb limit! Why are o2 sending me an alert for 2gb when I was nowhere near my limit of 6gb?

Cant get through to a person, virtual assistant frustrating, you are my only hope! 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Tracey12 

Well explained in this video.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35986 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

It might not be O2 that sent you a data alert, @Tracey12 - many if not all phones come with an inbuilt data monitor and if this is set too low compared to the data limit you have on your tariff or bundle, it can alert well before the data for the month has been reached.  This needs to be adjusted to match how much data you have paid for and when your renewal date is every month to give accurate messages/alerts.

Check in your MyO2 (app or nline: Guide: How-to guide for My O2 ) to see what bolt-on you purchased as there are some that recur monthly if you do not remove them.

Contract bolt-ons:

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/all-tariffs/bolt-ons

or the PAYG Snacking Bolt-ons:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/bolt-ons

If you want to talk to O2, call 202 if Contract, 4445 if PAYG, or use the O2 Social Media ways in the link just below. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Tracey12 

Well explained in this video.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Tracey12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you,  I've adjusted settings. I looked at my account and I'm 90% sure its a one off charge but will go into o2 shop to check. 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Tracey12 

Data bolt ons are one off purchases only.

If you don't use all the data in the first month, it will roll over to the second month for free.

After that, it is gone.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5