Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get it?

What do you think?

2D8BA911-1C89-454B-BBE4-F6502B992C6A.jpeg

A tad concerned it’s tracking which sites I spend time on...

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Battery usage has definitely improved.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 28

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Did my update on Modnay night around midnight so went through very quickly.

I've been running it now for a day and a half and have to say its all good.

There are some useful new features in there and as with all new updates my battery is running out faster but this should level out tomorrow once the update has finished re shuffling all the intenral files etc which puts a drain on the battery.

As fo rth escreen time bit I think its very good.

As for websites youv'e visited being tracked, Apple  has been doing this for years, thats why you get targetted ads. Unless of course you do what I do and that is always browse in private mode. That way sites are unable to track you properly and your borwsiong history is kept private and deleted when you close the app.

Have nothing to hide just get fed up and bored with so many ads! and yes I know that is how many sites rasie revenue but I dont alweays want to get bombarded

Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Post deleted.

Message 13 of 28

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nice to see they’ve finally seen sense and moved the navigation keys in safari to the bottom of the screen too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 28

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Post deleted.

Why??

It was a useful post.....

Currently using:
Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

The automatic Apple create a strong password feature is annoying..

Message 16 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Post deleted.

Why??

It was a useful post.....

I’ll try again then wink

@jezza1234 made an observation about targeted ads, which I felt was more effectively dealt with by switching the default search engine to DuckDuckGo. It was a tip that an Apple Store employee had given me, and it’s something that’s already available in iOS settings. 

7F1B8903-027B-4C27-BB48-279A6DB96BF2.jpeg

It was probably missing the point though, particularly in the context of how data is being collected in the Screen Time feature. I would have added some clarification to that post, but I had other pressing matters to deal with, and being mindful of the limited opportunity that we have to edit posts, at the time it was just easier to effectively withdraw that comment. 

With regard to Screen Time, I’ve really no idea whether Apple are actually tracking you as such, because it’s only really providing the user with a breakdown of how they’re using their devices. But I think it’s easy to become paranoid about data privacy, and the only reason that I’ve switched that feature off, is because it’s not really telling me anything that I didn’t already know. That said, I can see how it might benefit others, particularly with the ability to set limits on type of content etc. 

Message 17 of 28

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good post, thanks for sharing.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love DDG, just a shame more people don’t realise it’s worth. (And in the process improve the search results!)

Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

16 hours screen time.. 👍

66601CB3-ADC9-404E-A345-4CB5303AD10C.jpeg

Message 20 of 28