Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Level 8: Talented

USA Roaming

Slightly general question, but....

What are peoples experiences of roaming in the states using an O2 sim.

Usually NY state and florida for me. What networks do you usually latch onto? How is the service and speed?

Used EE recently and 3UK in the past with mixed results. EE definitely better though with 3 barely usable sometimes.

Cheers,
Boss
unnamed
Highlighted
Topics: 552

Re: USA Roaming

@BOSSGOGG O2 is reported to be rubbish too. We usually advise a local SIM from AT&T or T-Mobile.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 8: Talented

Uff. That's a shame. Another reason to consider keeping the EE sim. Just wish they would service my own village.

Used to buy throw away burner phones in walmart when travelling back in the day. Remember the ones that had a walkie talkie function? Smiley Happy
Shouldn't really have to in 2019. Luckily myself and the wife both have dual sim devices so adding a local sim is not too much of a heartache. Not done it in a while though.
unnamed
Highlighted
Topics: 552

Yeah I remember those phones, CDMA network I think?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)