Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Kudo's on Blogs/Reviews

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi all, I need some help please and wonder if you would try a test for me?

Just recently I am finding myself unable to kudo any post (except the review) when they are moved to the review/blog section.

I have mentioned this to management and they are unable to replicate the issue so we thought we would try and see if others are having the same problem?

I have tried on these two reviews.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Reviews/This-is-Sony-Xperia-1/bc-p/1234957#M1657

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Reviews/My-Beautiful-New-S10/bc-p/1227899#M1627

Just to reiterate, I CAN kudo the review, I am unable to kudo any comment thereafter.

This is on PC using Firefox. I have also tried Chrome and get the same result.

All I need is people to try it and post their results.

It's only a test so you can kudo any post and then remove it immediately if you don't want it to remain.

Thanks a lot for your help. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Ok thanks @MI5, added your username as an example of those experiencing this problem now. I'll let you guys know once I have an update slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 31 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Have you tried kudoing replies then the review/guide @Cleoriff?

Thing is @gmarkj , I usually read and kudo the guide BEFORE it gets moved to the blog/review section and I have no problem kudoing that or any other comment.

Once it is moved into the blog, I'm finished. If anyone makes a very relevant comment, I can't kudo it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 48

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Can you remove the kudo that you gave the original post once it has been moved @Cleoriff, and can you then add it to any replies?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 48

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35243 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
All good on @viridis' review - no errors on giving or removing Kudos, on Chrome/Android.
Message 34 of 48

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Let's face it we wouldn't be too happy if once, just once everything went to plan. But as that's never likely to happen. I personally wouldn't worry about it too much.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 35 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Can you remove the kudo that you gave the original post once it has been moved @Cleoriff, and can you then add it to any replies?

Yes @gmarkj  I can remove the kudo I gave to the review, once it goes into the blog, I can also re-add the kudo to the review only. I  just can't kudo any othe comment on the blog.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

More info on this issue. This is how my posting box is showing in the blog section

Blog.PNG

This is a normal reply box for any other section except the blog/review

Reply box.PNG

You can see the whole of the top section is missing.  So I am unable to make bold, change colour font, add emojis, spellcheck etc.

Also mentions don't work during posting, although they appear ok once posted.

For example this one to @MI5 on the revamped PAC guide this morning PAC GUIDE

No apologies for droning on about this. I somehow think the change in layout is linked to me being unable to kudo any post except the original. More info to feed back @EmilieT ?

To repeat,using Windows 10, (Acer PC three months old) Firefox and Chrome.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 48

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the additional info @Cleoriff!

If by layout you're referring to the homepage changes from February this year, this only affected the homepage and nothing on board-level, so I don't believe there's a way it would be the source of this. The screenshots are very useful - I checked and whether I see the correct full posting box whether I'm in the blog section or anywhere else, so I'll add that to the ticket. We'll get to the bottom of it, hang in there! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 38 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT 

I was simply showing the BLOG posting box is devoid of anything. It's just a box. It has nothing along the top row (unlike other reply boxes everywhere else on the forum.)

I know this is a recent change for me. Until a couple of weeks ago the reply box in the blog section was exactly the same as those on other parts of the forum astonished

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 48

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It's really strange that it's so recent as well @Cleoriff, but as with the screenshots and all the other details, very useful info for me to get back to Lithium and help them fix this!

I'll update you as soon as I hear more thumbsup fingers_crossed

signature

Message 40 of 48