cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 = Lifeliine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I know forums like this often have doom and gloom but I wanted to post something positive about O2 rather than something negative to another company that has really got my back up today.

I moved in to a new build property in the middle of this month and was happy to see that I was able to pick up a 3G signal on my iPhone 6. With it being a new build, a phone line is not a standard feature. With this new build being on a new development, fibre or cable is the making of dreams - it won't be here for months.

Within a few days of moving in, my phone started picking up 4G. I had received a few messages early October saying O2 were completing work in my local area and there may be service disruption etc.

I ordered a phone line from a large telecoms company the day we moved in. With said company apparently being the largest in the United Kingdom, I thought I was in safe hands. Today, my service was due to go live. A router was delivered this morning, but no sign of an engineer. Called the telecoms company and was promptly told by a staff member in foreign call centre that my line not yet ready due to "line plant" work.

Someone will contact me next Thursday with an 'update' on my order which has now been in place for almost three weeks.

Summary of post, if it wasn't for the upgraded service that O2 have put in place in my local area to get 4G; my digital existence would be very boring right now as we cannot even get a phone line. Our 4G coverage is great, the speed is eating away merrily at my allowance and I couldn't care less.

Thanks to O2 for not only focusing on city centres with 4G and realising that us that aren't within a mile radius of a city would really enjoy using the 4G functionality on our phones.

Rant/praise over, I shall continue looking at my nice new router that is flashing red waiting for a phone line.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
I know who you are talking about - same problems with a new estate being built near me wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

As if moving house isn't stressful enough....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Keep checking your account from your telecoms company to ensure you're not being charged for a service you're not receiving yet.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bambino,

That thought had crossed my mind. I notice that I've had some messages from them saying they were setting up the Direct Debit to my bank and the online area states I am in contract from 29 October.

Needless to say they will have a happy customer on the end of the phone if they take a penny!

I've heard horror stories to this effect and don't want to be another victim ...

Cheers, Nick

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 6 of 6