Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Highlighted
Anonymous

LEAVING O2....

Hey! leaving O2 at the end of my contract after 15 years I guess...wow! Ive been offered an awesome deal by Virgin Mobile...£23 Unlimited data...unlimited texts and 1200 mins of calls and free insurance.... and a new phone ofcourse.

However I have no experience with Virgin Mobile so if you have any experiences good or bad you wish to share please do....before I jump ship!

Highlighted
Topics: 22
Kudos: 273

Re: LEAVING O2....

Put it this way: do you have good coverage with Virgin Mobile (or T-mobile/Orange) in your area? If yes, are you going to be saving loads of money? If yes, the critical thing is: have you ever needed to ring o2 CS in the last couple of years for other than a minor thing? If no, then you probably won't have any issues with Virgin Mobile. 

And I mean that in a good way! Any CS is subjective and you'll find as many complaints as satisfied customers on any network. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hey

No idea about Virgin, never used them.  i do know they run on T-mobile's network so if you can get a good T-mobile signal in your area then you're onto a winner.  Why not try a pay/go sim for a few weeks to see what kind of signal you get; and then switch if you're happy.

Highlighted
Topics: 541

Hopefully you have a grasp of foreign languages for when you need to call their CS. Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 64: Magistrate

Are you already a Virgin Media customer? That's the tarrif I see at that price on the Virgin website, and they're offering 2500 minutes, so I don't see what's so awesome about your deal. What phone are you being offered, as I see that their high end phones start with their £33 tariff?

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/payMonthlyTariffs.do

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/payMonthlyPhones.do

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread
Highlighted
Anonymous

AH! I hate overseas call centres...thanks for that I may well change my mind or look elsewhere!

Highlighted
Anonymous

How sad!!

Highlighted
Level 44: Clearly Talented

I've used virgin a long time ago. Lets put it this way I couldn't leave fast enough once my contract was up. Shoddy service even in "good coverage" areas. You'll also need a translator to speak with CS I don't even think they have to speak English to get the job.

I'm not advising O2 but if you can get a better offer than virgin TAKE IT!!

That's my piece Smiley Sad
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Topics: 541

I have recently had lots of experience with Virgin CS.... I am now enrolled on a college course learning Hindi Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 7: Part Timer

yep, shocking coverage generally, always no signal when travelling around & poor CS!!! don't do it!! Smiley Wink

Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!