cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unfair upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

i have just come to the end of my 18 month contract with 02. I have been with the company as long as they have existed, and was a BT Genie customer prior to that.

That makes a good 8 years of custom, I am on a 20.00 a month contract, but regularly spend 30+ a month. i notice on the upgrades page that existing customers get the same as new customers, plus a little something extra..

Now, it is critical upgrade time for me as my current SE K810i is hanging on by a thread. All i can do for anything other than an extortinate price is effectively downgrade my hadset.

How can 02 justify wanting £250 for an N95 or C905? As i mentioned, i have been loyal to 02 for a very long time and have spent thousands over the years - i think it is grossly unfair that i cant upgrade without forking out an arm and a leg for something that is available elsewhere for a fraction of the cost.

I think that unless 02 comes up with a better offer than that, it is time to finally move on.

Anyone know any channels that may prove effective in getting a better offer??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Contact Retentions and see what they can do, If they cant give you the deal then ask for you pac code.

O2 like t-mobile at the moment are strapped for cash in the upgrade sector. But retentions have a different pot to try and keep the customers.

If any one wants the pay the upgrade price as some people do, then thats a pluss point to o2.

All the networks are the same and o2 is no different to any one else.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why should current customers get a better deal than new customers?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can honestly say that out of the phones that are out now, there is probably about 4 phones that are a downgrade from the SE K810, for example the C902 is free on all tariffs and is defonatly an upgrade from the K810.

It seems that your not happy because your not getting what you want, not for the fact that you were offered a so called "Downgrade"
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Erm... business loyalty? Ever thought things through dude?
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Erm... business loyalty? Ever thought things through dude?

Yep, and i still don't see why a deal should be better for current customers. think about it, you are already a customer, they have already got you.
Tempting a new customer to join is much better for business, and most when signed up never leave.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Remember though, when a new customer signs up, o2 have no idea of their phone usage. If a new customer goes Online 35 and uses all their 600mins and all their 1000txts then retentions might offer a Online 45 for the same amount, when they upgrade, and it feels like a great deal for the customer who now has 1200mins but still is only likely to use 600mins. You could not offer the 45pm tariff for 35pm to a new customer because you have no idea how they will use the service.

Also if a customer if prepared to join you then they must like what they see and they will sign up. A current customer has already made the company profit and in a competitive market you need to try to keep them. I agree with better deals for current customers.
Message 7 of 7