cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have had my phone stolen and am being told to buy a new handset......WHY?
i pay my insurance every single month and what for if it doesnt cover brakages or he phone being stolen???????
I am disgusted with o2 lack of help, as long as they have my money they dont care
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you have all the evidence that you pay your bills with them regularly have it all photo copied never give your original to the insurance company and report them to the police if they are not taking action.

The police would not look at this, it is a civil dispute.

Of course they will! All she has to do is complaint against the insurance not following their own policy and agreement as contract is a contract if you breech it you can be taken to furth action! If she do this they will try to communicate with her to solve the problem in a cheaper way which is to just replace her handset. You just have to be tough and insist your right to this people and if you know you are right you can fight for it.
Message 11 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
The police will not get involved in a dispute with an insurance company, it is a civil matter! 😐
Call in at your local police station and ask them.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the issue here is not that the police will get involved with the right to claim insurance; more that they are not providing a crime number in speedy time to allow a claim to be made! When I reported my purse lost a few months ago, I phoned up and got a crime number straight away as a reference for the details given over the phone. For them to not have given one after 9 days is despicable. I would definitely get to a police station and get them to help.
Message 13 of 17

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I agree, I'm sure a crime number should have been given immediately this was reported.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 14 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94110 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Can't understand why it has not been given, a crime has occurred and been reported and a crime reference number should be issued automatically?
Just asking....maybe something we don't know? Definitely get to the police station and bask for the crime reference number and ask for a legitimate reason for the non-issue.
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't understand why it has not been given, a crime has occurred and been reported and a crime reference number should be issued automatically?

I thought the crime report was logged live online so the crime ref. is immediately available......unless their system was down at the time.
Message 16 of 17

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Extract from direct.gov.uk:
Giving a statement
Whether you reported an emergency or non-emergency, you will have to give a statement to the police. That means that you’ll have to tell an officer what happened to you or what you saw.
They may ask you questions or ask you to repeat yourself, to make sure the statement is as accurate and as detailed as possible.
When you've finished giving a statement, the police will usually read it back to you to make sure that their written account matches yours.
If you agree, you'll sign the statement and get a crime reference number. If you want to contact the police about the same incident in the future, you'll need to keep that reference number in a safe place.
If you're a victim of theft, you'll need to use the reference number when you tell your insurance company.

Message 17 of 17