Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms from a Dutch number that I can't reply to

MT13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I sometimes receive an SMS message from a known contact with a UK mobile number that, for some reason, appears as coming from a Dutch number.  When I try and reply, the system doesn't let me.  I have contacted the UK contact to ask if they are (perhaps) using two different numbers, but they have assured me that they only have one number and are equally puzzled as to why their text message should appear to be re-routed through a different number and a Dutch one at that.  This has happened on three occasions and while in this particular instance I was able to identify the person sending the message, on the other two I am unable to do so (and hence unable to reply which I am worried gives the false impression that I'm ignoring their message!).  Has anyone else had this problem?  Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8384 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Have you tried Googling the Dutch number @MT13 ? 

I have no idea what is happening here but that just might give a clue ?  

Message 2 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37720 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1714 Solutions

Just a thought, @MT13 - were you previously a Virgin Mobile customer, with a VM SIM in your handset still?

If so, drop into an O2 shop with phone, SIM and some photo id so they can swap you over to a proper O2 SIM - see if it helps?

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23752 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3759 Solutions

@MT13 Download WhatsApp and ask the contact you're having this issue with to do the same. Worth a try if normal methods of texting aren't working.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

MT13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for all your responses.  pgn:  I took your advice - as I was transfered from Virgin - and visited my local O2 shop this morning.  They kindly changed the SIM card so I'll see if that resolves the issue.  Thanks so much again to all and the all the best! 

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23752 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3759 Solutions

You're welcome, @MT13. Please come back and update your thread if and when the issue gets resolved. It can sometimes help others who may find themselves in the same predicament.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8384 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

You welcome @MT13 and hopefully the issue will be resolved ! 😀

Message 7 of 7