cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returned phone not received by o2?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i bought a Sony Ericsson C903 off O2 a week or more ago. I didn't like it and decided to return it. I called customer service, gave them the details like IMEI number and stuff, and then they gave me the order return number. They said they would email me details specifying the details of the return. From my experience, O2 had not sent me a single email throughout the order process of the phone so i did not trust for them to ever email me anything, so the man told me my order return number on the phone which i wrote down. He told me I can return it by the freepost sticker they had provided.

I went to the post office and dropped off the package into the hub station, i stupidly did not ask for a certificate of postage or anything.

Now I emailed them 2 days ago asking when I should expect my money returned in my account. I provided me returns order number in that email. I got a reply today saying that they are yet to receive the phone.

What the hell am i supposed to do? Have i just lost £195???? Please help me!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Those freepost mailings can take ages, they're not high priority. Lower than 2nd class in my experience.

I used to trade in my old phones with Envirofone, and I'd be fretting for a week before they acknowledged receipt.

Also there seem to be postal delays of late, I've been waiting 4 days for something posted to me first class - still not arrived. My wife's been expecting mail too. May be some sort of strike action at Royal Mail.

Obviously you should have sent the package recorded, or better still, special delivery (as you would have been insured if it went missing). Standard post with proof of posting (which you didn't get) is only about £30 of cover I think.

Don't panic yet though, give it a few more days slight_smile

SV
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for the piece of mind! I really appreciate it slight_smile
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not excactly mobile phone related, but I had an expensive-ish parcel sent to me by an Ebay seller in Bristol to my home address in Reading which was sent 1st class recorded on the 1st of September & I have still not received it! The tracking No. he provided just says it has been accepted at the receiving office. No wonder the government wants to open up the postal service to competition, it might shake the Royal Mail snail post up!
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I returned a faulty iPhone for a refund and contract cancellation using their returns label and it took a week to arrive back and a further two days to show on their systems.

They then politely told me that as it has gone over 14 days they could not refund my £175 to by card and it would be returned as a check. I was also charged for usage from 24th August (when I received the phone) to 10th September (when they received it back) but I had posted it back on 1st September! Not my fault they use such a cheap and nasty returns service. I would have happily paid special delivery for the return but they told me it was better not to, now I know why!

I'm phoning customer services today to complain and hopefully they will resolve the matter and give me my money back too. I'll be polite but I have to admit, my patience is wearing thin now...

Oh well, I guess worse things are happening in the world though LOL

EDIT 10.07am: Been in touch with customer services. They are refunding all charges so I won't have to pay anything. They are sending me a check for £16 payg credit (which was transferred to my contract when I ported my number) and they have processed a refund to my card for the £175, though said it may take upto 14 days to be received in my account. Still, they were very polite and dealt with all my problems - I'm happy with their service...
Message 5 of 5