cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proof of purchase problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been waiting for 8 days now for my proof of purchase email that will take "24 hours" to send. I've been on the phone everyday for at least an hour trying to get this sorted and i've been in the o2 shop. useless, surely this is against the law im paying for a phone i can't use because of o2?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Trouble is that old water damaged trick is used regularly by Anova (the repairers) to con more money out of customers and all the networks use the same repairers, so you'd likely get the same from whichever network you were with 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
We do hear of the water damage reports from the networks.

Have you considered approaching the uk support site of the manufacturer ?

Compliant link for O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This company does like it's water damage reports which is why I would always deal directly with the manufacturer. Having said that they sometimes use Anovo too. Water damage is difficult to argue against which is probably why they use this to extort money from customers.

I would go for the complaint route but you need to chase O2 for proof of purchase unless you have bank statements showing the purchase? Some companies do accept those.

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the link. Something I hadn't thought about. Cheers.
Message 14 of 14