cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price up

Anonymous
Not applicable

So for months now I've been complaining to you via email, Facebook and phone about how poor your service is, how non existent your customer service is and how expensive your tariffs are and you now have the bare faced audacity to raise your prices!!!!
You are a bunch of thieving low life's, shockingly low value for money already without the price increase. Rarely I get more than one bar of signal and more often than not my Internet fails, not to mention the number of network crashes in the last few months. I for one cannot wait to cancel my contract, I'll never be your customer again nor will I ever recommend you to friends, family or enemies for that matter. Absolute disgrace of a company. 

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys, we have a large discussion about pricing, so please head over there if you would like to continue this discussion (link below)

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Increase-in-Tariff-Cost/td-p/364896

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 25 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions
Feel better now? slight_smile
There are already at least 2 maybe 3 other threads discussing the price increase. Try to stick to one thread please.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I signed up for a 2 year contract no one explained to me that O2 could stuff the prices up. Apparently its hidden in the small print. What a ripoff - Soon as my 2 years are up I'm off.

Message 3 of 31

MI5
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions
Bye !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 31

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It's about as far from hidden as you can get. Did you read the T&Cs?

Precisely.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 is the only network not to have done this before, I wonder where the complainers will go?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 31

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It's not even coming into force until February. O no ill have £3 less to spend on my birthday 😞

Where do I complain about inflation? O wait:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 31

jonsie
  • 94190 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Whilst no one is happy at any price increases it is unfortunately a sad fact of life. I don't see the need of such vitriol as expressed by some of the posters on here.

Message 8 of 31

MI5
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I don't see the need of such vitriol as expressed by some of the posters on here.

Don't worry about it - They'll post once and we'll never see them here again like all the other moaners we get wink
Message 9 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually to all the people being paid by o2 to express horror that people are being decieved and cheated out of money, you disgust me almost as much as o2 themselves.

I totally support the person who wrote this thread, it doesn't matter how much it affects you, to some it will be another months bill over their contract period and it is as much the principle as the % cost.

To respond to a few of the other points raised while I'm here.

• The other price rise threads from the last few days since they announced it don't appear to be visible now having just scrolled through, (I wonder why?) so people are entitled to post here.
  • Thanks for the info about the 'terms and conditions' when you've been instore signing up for a new deal, has any member of staff ever bothered to ask if you'd like to be left alone for 20 minutes to read through the terms & conditions, or offered to read them to you? I think not. Its very simple, the word 'fixed price' should mean fixed. And pushing people into longer and longer contracts, 12, then 18, then 24 months, to get the best deal and then putting the prices up with no option to terminate the contract is disgraceful.
  • And finally, the the person who says 'well everyone else has already done it' so why be bothered about it?
    The thing is, there is something you can do. Complain to Ofcom. 'Which?' have a very good campaign called 'fixed means fixed' - search for it on a search engine and show your support to prevent spoilt, rich multinational companies leeching money out of their customers just because they've seen other companies act in the same disgusting manner.

I've been a loyal customer of o2 for many years partly thanks to their good customer service, but this is vile. There is not even any way in which you can respond to the price-hike news either by email or on the announcement page. They don't even direct you to these forums!! Its Shocking. Revolting. Putrifiying.

I really do hope the £40 million o2 raise from this is worth the lost brand loyalty and renewed contracts, and I hope the Ofcom rules against you and get fined. You deserve it.

Message 10 of 31