cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outrageous o2 bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a plan which cost 12gbp/month. But but the last 2 bills have been well other 150gbp.

I went over the limit in terms of call, but any other plan would have been much less costly,

o2 is asking a lot of money there and and dont feel this high charge is a really nice way to get customer happy.

Did anyone here experience the same surprise, and feel he/she was not well advised on his contract ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went over the allowance so I should pay more and I agree with that.

But I went from a 30gbp to a 12gbp plan because I wasnt using the full allowance previously.

I had no idea that I could be charged this kind of crasy amount. with all this money, I could have add pay for 24 months of a much bigger plan!

I am not saying I shouldnt pay, just that it is a sneaky way of making money out of clients...I would have appreciated to get some advices and a commercial gesture .

Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

My o2 let's you keep a constant check on minutes but it's a harsh lesson. You could try speaking to someone  else in cs.

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Appreciate what your saying and it's been a pretty expensive learning curve.

I personally don't see it as sneaky as it's user controlled how much you use your phone and tariff allowances.
Message 13 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Your best bet is to look at what you are using and speak over the phone to customer services and See if they will change your plan, as you want to go up in value, they may be able to sort it for you.
Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146768 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Yes, you can always go back up or even onto an unlimited call/text allowance.
This is all your own choice (as before) and it is all under your control.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

just that it is a sneaky way of making money out of clients..

Hold on, so you're saying that YOU, using YOUR phone when your fully aware of the limitations of YOUR tariff is O2 being sneaky? 

I don't think so. That's O2 being a business and you being slighlty naive.

Message 16 of 16