cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 travel useless

Anonymous
Not applicable
rang o2 as I was goung abroad and joined the o2 travel package ..was told unlimited data in Belgium and NLands. Worked for less than an hour and travelled the length of B and NL without data ..even though was seeing H+ .. as I was travelling through the night wanted to listen to election results coming in. When I asked what I had paid for via live chat got all sorts of excuses and when it was clear I was not going to be fobbed off the agent said I had disappeared and ended chat..... I used a 3 UK sim in France and all worked perfectly.
Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Perksie, I had already checked the Ts and Cs before signing up to the 'unlimited service'

So you've seen this section:

"There's no fixed data allowance with O2 Travel, but we'll slow down the service if you reach an assumed fair usage amount in order to manage traffic on the network. This will be more than 100MB of general data or more than 50MB of streamed video or audio data (the "assumed fair usage amounts") in a day ."

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You probably hit the 100mb limit and was slowed down to a standstill -- a common complaint I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6975 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
That's why I always turn off my mobile data while travelling slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 3 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Surprised really that you didn't use the 3 sim...At least you knew that worked when you were in France... slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 25

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Surprised really that you didn't use the 3 sim...At least you knew that worked when you were in France... slight_frown

It's what I use. £15 and I know it's gonna work and not cost a penny more.

Tugo works over the Three data connection too so I can still stay in contact with my O2 number slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the replies
1/ the 3 sim does not offer 'unlimited data' in B or NL
2/ I would turn off data roaming ..as I did with the 3 sim in countries not covered by roaming deals.

3/ According to 02 there is 'no upper limit' so I fail to understand where a 100 MB limit applies.

4/ there is a fair useage kop out clause but listening to audio for 75 minutes should not be a throttling candidate.

I hope someone from O2 will provide a sensible response..esp. as I was so rudely dealt with the online chat facility.

Message 6 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

See O2 Travel Data Service on this page: http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2travel-paymonthly-terms-and-conditions

This shows how the limits apply.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

msmoby wrote

I hope someone from O2 will provide a sensible response..esp. as I was so rudely dealt with the online chat facility.

This is a customer to customer forum so no-one from O2 willl be reading your post unfortunately . If you want to speak to someone and voice your concerns then use this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you want to complain http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 25

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You've been told O2 throttles the speed after 100mb and 75 mins of streaming would easily use that up.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cleoriff 

thanks, I was foolishly hoping this site was monitored by O2 gurus

Hi Perksie, I had already checked the Ts and Cs before signing up to the 'unlimited service'

Hi MI5,  

Could you point out where 100 MB is officially stated a trigger point for throttling  - if it is indeed the case - 'unlimited' is highly dubious description .. streaming audio is nothing compared to video consumption .. about a meg a minute on iplayer

Message 10 of 25