cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 declined my insurance claim

Anonymous
Not applicable
right i lost my phone not long back and for reasons that don't really need discussing, i couldn't make a claim within 48 hours,now after the 48 i phone o2 and explain and they say the insurance will decline me because on the policy it says you've got to make a claim with 48 hours of lose in Ur phone,right fair enough but i didn't receive a policy so how would i no this,they said i got it threw the post,which i 100% didn't then she said who your an on-line customer ud of received an email which ive checked through all of my hot mail and there's no policy to be seen , do i have a right to argue this then and have i got a leg to stand on or am i waste in my time? some feedback would be much appreciated cheers.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's no harm in you writing to the insurance company with the reasons you didn't claim and asking them to consider your claim.
It's difficult for anyone to comment without knowing why you didn't call or how long you left it.
What I would say, is that the need to report the handset missing, in a timely fashion, is given in so many places; that I doubt you credibly argue you weren't aware.
Message 2 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
If you haven't complied with the terms, which you say you haven't, for reasons you don't give I don't think you will have a claim.

The terms of nearly all insurance companies insist on being advised of a loss within 24 hours, so 48 is generous.

The terms are easily available on this site for you to read:

Once you have all the details you need to hand, making your claim could be as easy as a five minute phone call to O2 Insure.

To make a claim, you must contact O2 Customer Services within 48 hours of noticing your equipment is missing or within 14 days if your equipment has been damaged. All theft claims must be reported to the police within 48 hours, as you'll need a crime reference number to make your claim.

Where possible, loss claims for mobile phones will require a loss reference number from either the Police or relevant authority (i.e. Transport for London). If this isn't possible, make a note of the Police station where you reported your loss, along with the name and badge of the officer you spoke to.

Once we have registered your claim and you have provided all the details needed, you'll be transferred to O2 Insure who will process your claim. Please remember, your bills need to be paid up-to-date, otherwise your O2 Insure policy will lapse and you won't be able to make a claim.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
well this was the problem i phoned o2 and they said i cudnt make a claim cause i had an outstanding bill and they cudnt do anything about it then when i phoned up and cleared my account and explained she said its to late,and my insurance was void
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
So when you made the claim, the insurance was void because you had missed a premium?
I'm afraid that that would negate a claim.
Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I think that includes unpaid phone bills too.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
ring o2 insure on 08000121553 if your claim has been declined and you wish to appeal (this information was provided by an o2 insure advisor after a customer called to query a declined claim)
Message 7 of 7