cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no more unlimited internet :(

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have a iphone 3g. been holding out getting the iphone 4 as i did not want to let go of my unlimited internet. i thought if i didnt get an upgrade i could keep hold of my existing tarrif which has unlimited internet. im on the £45 pound tarrif. my contract expired last month, but was thinking of keeping the existing tarrif and not upgrading and possibly just buying the iphone 4 on pay as you go and transferring the sim.
however, today i get told that even my existing tarrif will now change and that a cap on my internet will be 750meg! the girl on the phone from o2 could not stop laughing when she looked at my internet usage of just over 4gig this month. im only 1.5 weeks into my billing date month. she was in hysterical lol. i did tell her that it was a one off downloading spree were i downloaded 3 large apps (tom tom, street fighter and fifa 11).
anyhow, is this true? is it legal? in the past; if you did not upgrade - you just continued as you were with your existing tarrif. can o2 change my tarrif to cap my internet even if i do not go for an upgrade? am i going to be capped regardless and so go and get the upgrade to an iphone 4 anyway?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
see here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=52377 re cap
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53268 and here re excessive usage
there appeares to be confusion re data caps there is another thread that says a memo has been sent I will link to it when I find it. this one viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53186 see wantys replies
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
the confusion is o2's fault. for example on their website it say:
"From the 24th June 2010, we have introduced data allowances for all new and upgrading customers."
what if im not a upgrading customer? can i stay on the existin gunlimited internet tarrif that i currently have?
Message 3 of 18

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
From the official comment I linked to yes as long as you do not upgrade but be aware the fair usage seams to be being inforced, again in one of the linked threads.
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
this is just so confusing. that thread you linked doesnt really make it any clearer as some on there are saying i can keep my existing tarrif without it changing and also some are saying it will change.
o2 customer services i think are confused also. everytime i ring up i get told something different. a couple of weeks ago i rang up in advance of a few days before my upgrade was due and was told that i could upgrade and keep my exact same existing tarrif. i then rang up again later that day and was told by someone else that if i upgraded i would have to get a new tarrif.
all i want to know is; if i do not upgrade - can i keep my EXACT same tarrif with unlimited internet! sheesh
Message 5 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Yes, I'm on a legacy tariff and it remains unlimited.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
hopefully your right and i can, but the lady on the phone from o2 a hour ago was saying i will be capped. think i'll ring up again...
Message 7 of 18

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Ok I am only another customer If unhappy with the official responses you are getting on the telephone use the complaints review service and list all the confusing info.
But My understanding is no customer on an old pre 24th june will lose the unlimited but the fup is being enforced.
Complaints review service details can be found in many threads on here or on the o2 support pages search for complaints.
Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
if the fair use policy will apply to me...what does it actually mean and what can i expect if i continue my average use of more than 1gig?
Message 9 of 18

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
see my second linked thread
Apple Watch series 4

Message 10 of 18