cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in Leeds at the moment. Have had no SMS messages all day despite my wife allegedly sending me five this morning - we have the same phone and we're both on o2. Rubbish!

Calls seem to be ok although occasionally some are going straight through to voicemail...

3G?!? Edge at best at the moment... :(((
Message 671 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also live in Tenterden and for two days now have had no signal. When my boyfriend and myself do have signal (which has been extremely rarely) it is only one bar and disappears almost instantly. Would be good to know what's going on!
Message 672 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I live in Tenterden, Kent. (South East of England). Now not ONLY ME that has been experiencing the following. On Saturday, I noticed my phone was displaying 1 bar of signal and during the days to come and now, the bars have been ranging up to 3 bars and at one point today I got 5 bars. Although, I had 5 bars I still couldn't send or receive texts and calls.

I have been speaking others in my area and the same thing is happening with them and pissing them off!

Now my iPhone is displaying the words, "No Service"

I got in touch with O2 and told me to carry out a following set of instructions, take the sim card out, insert sim card back into the phone and try switching the device on and off....tried this and as expected no luck, what useless customer service as I did say, that EVERYONE is STILL affected....

Why can't they show some sense of URGENCY to get the problem solved and to shed some light on the situation??? Instead of giving useless information!!
Message 673 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
"I'm sorry Adam there is a known coverage fault in your postcode area
(TN30 ***) and we are currently working to resolve the issue on
priority. However we don't have any timescales for the resolution."
Message 674 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Network down in Cumbria, been down since yesterday, very annoying!
Message 675 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in Woodchurch near Tenterden and the signal from o2 has been total rubbish lately. The past couple of weeks have been only an intermittent service at best and the past few days I haven't been able to use my phone AT ALL! This is VERY inconvenient when you're trying to sell your house and make bookings for viewers!!!!
Message 676 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 3G signal in Bristol has been awful for the past few days. Says "3G" on the iPhone's screen quite happily, but emails and web pages are taking an age to load. Happening on my wife's phone as well, and in multiple locations in the city.

Is there a known issue in the Bristol area at the mo?
Message 677 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Network coverage has been sporadic most of the day today in Brandon, Suffolk (IP27 0).

To be fair, this is the FIRST time I have had any trouble with O2 (formerly BT Cellnet! Shocking...) in 11 years, so I cannot really complain, but it IS annoying and I am assuming it is far more wide spread from the looks of things on here.

Hope it is sorted soon and some form of "good will gesture" for those on contracts (regular, the simplicity or PAYG ones that give something for certain top up amounts) to reflect the area's downtime. Paying for unavailable services is never fun 😞
Message 678 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 3G signal in Bristol has been awful for the past few days. Says "3G" on the iPhone's screen quite happily, but emails and web pages are taking an age to load. Happening on my wife's phone as well, and in multiple locations in the city.
Is there a known issue in the Bristol area at the mo?

Must be in Manchester too. Had brilliant coverage + 3G always for the past 20 months in exactly the same spot and yesterday it went downhill. Either says it is E or normal but wont do anything eg emails says I am not connected. I am not happy as nothing has changed nearby.
Would not have taken out a new contract in June if I had thought this would happen.
Emailed O2 as I dont want to use work phone at 5P a minute or whatever it is and I can't get any service on my phone.
Message 679 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
the o2 iphone service has been down since about 4pm in the CV21 area - this ain't good Smiley Mad
Message 680 of 727