cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can send messages and they get through but not received anything anyone got any news?
Message 241 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can make but not recieve calls (based in Grantham, Lincs) on my iPhone.
8002 says they are working on network issues.
I've never dialled 8002 before, is that a pre-recorded thing, or is it something thats changed regularily to suit network conditions?
If so, whats the typical response/resolution time?

( I run a 24/7 business, and whilst working late in the office - landline on divert, I was completly uncontactable. Have since diverted office number to my wifes mobile, but am starting to get twitchy)
😞
Message 242 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same issue as the above poster.
I'm based in Reading and I can't receive calls or texts - as far as I am aware this has been a problem since yesterday evening, around 10.30pm-ish. I can make calls and send texts without any problems. However, I am on Simplicity 20 and am not using the SIM card with an iPhone.

I tried calling o2 Customer Service a few minutes ago but "all their phonelines are busy at the moment".. unsurprisingly!

Anyone else having this problem?
Message 243 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone, I seem to have the same problem here in the Westend of London. My iphone reports being connected to 02, but there are no bars, meaning I don't have any signal in an area where I normally do have strong signal!! My 3g is working however, as I receive emails. They better fix this fast because its very annoying!
Message 244 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I phoned o2 earlier and they said that, due to "intermittent network problems", people may not be able to receive calls/texts until further notice. I asked them whether it was a nationwide thing and apparently it is. The "engineers are working on it" but they aren't sure when the service will resume.

Also, they aren't giving compensation (well, not to me at least), for a loss of service.
Message 245 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that depends on how long the outage lasts. Ofcom states that all networks are allows 48 hours to fix a fault. After that, customers are to be compensated a charge per day that the fault remains.

EDIT: My mobile is coming up No Service now, after at least 20 minutes of trying to search for a network. This is the second time in 2 months that this has happened. Not a happy bunny!!
Message 246 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies, guys. Least I know it's not my handset.
Signal has gone completely now, no incoming or outgoing calls.
Just hope its fixed soon.
😞

Have had 2 callouts tonight - good job I did transfer the divert to her Orange mobile.

Not fixed by lunch tomorrow, and its buy a PAYG "put me up" for the weekend.
Message 247 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Network working fine for me since this morning.
Hopefully the same for everyone else too.
grin
Message 248 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
mine's been down since 10.30pm this evening!
Message 249 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Err. Is it just me. But I have no network whatsover. I'm in Greater Manchester. 😕
Message 250 of 727