cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in Derby and mine is finally working. Interestingly after denying a problem all week and suggesting it was a handset issue I pointed out to them how ridiculous it was to claim 4 handsets all went down at the same time, in the same place, with the same symptoms and all came back at the same time and it was coincidence. They came back like a flas and admitted there had been a network issue all along ...approx 10 times they denied it on the week.
Message 601 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing for me in Derby yesterday and still nothing in Nottingham today.

Weird as my fiancee's Orbit is still absolutley fine on GPRS and EDGE and has been all along.

Makes it sound as if mine actually is an individual handset issue!
Message 602 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the most important week for O2 in some time - ie iPhone 4 decision making week - their network goes down in Manchester. No data apps, internet et al is working.

Nice one O2.....think I may make the switch to Vodafone after all....
Message 603 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been having internet issues for at least 3 or 4 days now. I have snaptu and opera mini installed as well as the main browser and a lot of the time none of them will connect at all. I managed to get on opera mini this morning but it took forever to load the pages, at times I didn't think they were going to load at all.
Message 604 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, it's been nearly 5 hours since I first noticed it was down and no news from O2.

I wonder if I give them a call they'd refuse to belive me, even though everyone on O2 in my office can't connect.
Message 605 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can any confirm what is going on with the Network. My missus phone has not been receiving any messages sent since last night, although she is able to send messages. If I try to phone her, either from another mobile or landline, I immediately get the 'unable to connect, try later'. I know there were issues this morning, but a couple of my friends coverage seemed to be back before lunchtime. My missus still has the problems described still.

regards

TrevP
Message 606 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Suddenly getting no signal or one bar in my house, which - for the past ten years - has been full signal! Texts not sending, calls cut off, etc. I called O2, and they were very helpful and polite: they said there had been a problem in the area (South Lanarkshire - Lanark area), but it was sorted at 1700. Switch my phone off then on again. Did that - same difference. We wait and see.....
Message 607 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can any confirm what is going on with the Network. My missus phone has not been receiving any messages sent since last night, although she is able to send messages. If I try to phone her, either from another mobile or landline, I immediately get the 'unable to connect, try later'. I know there were issues this morning, but a couple of my friends coverage seemed to be back before lunchtime. My missus still has the problems described still.
regards
TrevP

I think the problems most people have here are with data (GPRS or EDGE connections) rather than calls or texts. My data conenction has been missing in Nottingham since last Friday. Where in the country are you by the way?
Message 608 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had an illuminating chat about my situation with a nice guy called Nigel ... I changed tarrifs (about the same time that I lost my data) to Simplicity with an unlimited data bolt-on.

Only problem is that I was given the generic unlimited data bolt-on instead of the specific one for Blackberry, so naturally my data conenctions wouldn't work.

It's due to change today so I'll need my Service Book resending in about 24 hours which should cure it.
Message 609 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does O2 tell us when the network is down in a particular area?

I've got no service at moment, since last night. This has never happened to me before.
Message 610 of 727