Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 very bad signal

ConjureOne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Extremely poor customer services at its best. Persistent dropping out of calls both received and made. Lucky to get connected. Once connected I must remain very still for the duration of the call or it drops me out. Constantly getting texte messages off missed calls that are not spam. Text messages keep failing to send and friends any send them either. Data is intermittent and very poor.

5 esculations in the past 7 months and 0 communications back or improvents to be seen. Customer service centers are trained to say empathetic lines is not the same as the handler showing empathy.

Complaints protocol is non existsnt. The email address is so unresponsive in convinced it's dead. You ask to speak to the complaints team and are denied this right. When you challenge this point they will sil for indirect answers to avoid a yes or no answers. 

O2 you have just lost a valuable customer of almost 13 years who would upgrade to the latest device yearly and added gadgets on top. Oncey contracts are up, that's it - I'm done.

Going by the trust pilot reviews and statements on here I can see O2 being an old time provider. Especially as they seem to be the only provider shutting down their branches. 

I actually feel sorry for the tech support staff having to deal with the incompetent service their employer provides. 

Before anyone responds about signal coverage... I've been through it all several times I could effectively take calls for O2 myself. Signal works 0.5 mile from my post code area. I also have 3 devices they're all the same. My next door neighbour uses a different provider that uses O2 and he has the exact same problem as me. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38160 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

Sorry to hear, but if signal is poor, then take a couple of PAYG cards for other non-O2 providers and see which works for you before taking the plunge with PAC and new contract @ConjureOne 

I presume you checked out https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network and nothing helped - so it goes, betimes.

Also WiFi calling, over your broadband, has been tried with similar disappointment? https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Good luck!

Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23897 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@ConjureOne To add to the advice from @pgn, if you find a better signal with a Pay & Go sim from a different network, here's how to cancel your O2 contract: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

ConjureOne
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's great. However, I am still stuck on contract and cannot afford to pay up the termination fees in one go.

Message 4 of 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7760 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Have you tried the WiFi Calling as suggested?

My house is in a dip and both my networks, O2 and EE, use WiFi Calling at home.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11255 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@ConjureOne wrote:

Going by the trust pilot reviews and statements on here I can see O2 being an old time provider. Especially as they seem to be the only provider shutting down their branches. 

Just to pick up on this, o2 are closing Franchise stores as they no longer want the franchise model.. And they will always close stores that either the tem comes up, or they dont want to pay what a landlord wants to try and get out them... this is normal for any large retail estate... 

And to be harsh, o2 dont guarantee signal or coverage so sounds like you are in a black spot, you could always ask your local counil to stop been NIMBY's and approve more masts, or if rural ask them to look into the SRN

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 6 of 11

ConjureOne
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

@ConjureOne wrote:

Just to pick up on this, o2 are closing Franchise stores as they no longer want the franchise model.. And they will always close stores that either the tem comes up, or they dont want to pay what a landlord wants to try and get out them... this is normal for any large retail estate... 

And to be harsh, o2 dont guarantee signal or coverage so sounds like you are in a black spot, you could always ask your local counil to stop been NIMBY's and approve more masts, or if rural ask them to look into the SRN

I would agree but my area isn't the issue. I've lived here for over 6 years and it's only been the past year I've been facing this issue. There has not been any upgrades to the property to even create a possibility. The same level of service happens outside. My nearest mast is approx 1 mile away. I get signal further away than that. I've also dropped my connection down to 4g and the service has no improvement 

Message 7 of 11

ConjureOne
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently don't have WiFi and I refuse to pay for another service just to boost a service I'm already paying for.

I'm not in a dip. My service was working in this area for years until around a year ago. But most noticeably the past 6 months and now I have no broadband ... My service is pretty damn useless. 

I'm connected to an alternative WiFi hence I'm being able to message here. Yet my friend with EE gets a good level of signal. Not excellent but stable. 

Message 8 of 11

ConjureOne
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To further add to my frustrations - the last call I managed to successfully make yesterday, I agreed to renew my two SIM only contracts and have new Sims sent out as the agent suggested this might help regain my signal. I was told they would not deactivate until I have inserted them into my devices. They have gone and deactivated my daughter's number without my request and have removed my O2 travel also without my request. So I try to cancel ally plans this morning and because I receive low to no service I'm unable to obtain the 6 digit code so they can't help. It really does just get worse and worse with each issue that arises. That was at 8am this morning and I've still yet to receive the texts and emails that contain a code. 

My daughter has medicine reasons that she relies on being able to make a successful contact at least at some point. The network providing at present, I'd be lucky to get anything.

Message 9 of 11

ConjureOne
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I received my two Sims only to receive one of them dead. I've been fed lies to get me into another contract to keep me in their game. They would have to raise a ticket to resolve the SIM issue. The last 6 tickets dating back to January this year haven't even been looked at so this one won't be treat any different. 

I can't cancel any of my contracts because I can't retrieve any 6 digit code via email or text because my service is messed up. I'm denied a conversation with cancellations. 

Never in the 13 years of being with this company have I experienced such an ordeal! They really don't care about their customers. I've always made my payments so they have no reason to restrict me. 

I'm physically and mentally done in over this. 

You really couldn't make this up!!! It's one problem after another. 

Thank you to those who tried to help. But I've tried every option O2 have suggested and I'm just being passed around more times than a parcel at a children's party.

Message 10 of 11