cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been down for me in Nottingham (NG17) for the past 2 days and is still off today. Called O2 this AM and a lovely girl told me thay had had problems with GPRS and Edge over the past few days, but the service was showing back to normal now.

(Can't believe there seems to be no way for users to check the service status - no wonder their phones get hammered by the customers that can get through when there's a network problem)

She was going down the 'pull battery from device' route but when I told her that I'd also just moved tarrifs (on Saturday) she realised that I'd need a 3G SIM sending out to me rather than the 2G one I've currently got.

Let's see if the 3G SIM changes things in a few days time once its activated . . .
Message 551 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
It ain't your Sim card

Amazing...it seems that the customers are left to work stuff out for themselves and actually have more success than the officials.

Check this out - the fella from Nottingham has 3G problem but is told everything is back to normal and there are no problems anymore....me and others from neighbouring Derby is having exactly the same problem across the county and are told the same.

Me thinks there IS a problem and somebody needs to pull their finger out and fix it sharpish because it's hindering me and others severely but O2 seem perfectly happy with things 😞 !!!
Message 552 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a hard time believing it's SIM related especially as the alleged 2G SIM was working fine until I switched tarrifs on the weekend.

My other half has also just moved onto the Simplicity tarrif (the one with the 'unlimited' data bolt-on) and the GPRS on her Orbit is fine without having to have a new SIM.

Can't understand what's up with mine! I've just pulled the lot out and rebooted just for good measure but still no luck. :robotsad:
Message 553 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a hard time believing it's SIM related especially as the alleged 2G SIM was working fine until I switched tarrifs on the weekend.
My other half has also just moved onto the Simplicity tarrif (the one with the 'unlimited' data bolt-on) and the GPRS on her Orbit is fine without having to have a new SIM.
Can't understand what's up with mine! I've just pulled the lot out and rebooted just for good measure but still no luck. :robotsad:

It's our area... I have an iPhone 3Gs, never had s prob with 3G until 2 days ago and, although I've got the 3G icon, the connection does nothing on email, app or safari. I have to shut off 3G and switch to GPRS to get anywhere...and it's painfully slow.

I'm know of 3 other people with iPhones and they're all experiencing the same 3G issues all over Derby...yet O2 say there are no issues...with you saying the sane in Notts it's glaringly clear there is a regional problem which they MUST be able to see
Message 554 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right ... My companies mobile provider is O2. Just found out that lots of our users accross the UK had problems starting on Friday. Some areas are back to normal but there's still an open case.

I'll spare the technicalities but from what I hear, network issues were preventing access to 2G & 3G data services for all customers including GPRS. Access was partially restored yesterday and so some customers started to get some luck but my guess is that all services are being maxed out by people trying to connect as the outstanding data is pushed out.
Message 555 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right ... My companies mobile provider is O2. Just found out that lots of our users accross the UK had problems starting on Friday. Some areas are back to normal but there's still an open case.
I'll spare the technicalities but from what I hear, network issues were preventing access to 2G & 3G data services for all customers including GPRS. Access was partially restored yesterday and so some customers started to get some luck but my guess is that all services are being maxed out by people trying to connect as the outstanding data is pushed out.

but O2 told me that all issues have been resolved and there were no problems in the Derby area at all...which is annoying as the number of problems (including yours in Nottingham) strongly suggests they ate wrong but perhaps not doing anything about it.
Message 556 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then I guess they're saying one thing to the large corporate customers, and another to individual users.
Message 557 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then I guess they're saying one thing to the large corporate customers, and another to individual users.

in the meantime we are left in limbo because as far as O2 are concerned (despite the fact that every iPhone user in the area I know and you, are reporting simar 3G issues) there is no problem and therefore it's normal service resumed with no apparent action being taken.
Message 558 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still down for me in Bristol. It's now been 3 days. Bizarrely it's resolved my battery life problems on the X10....

Still, it'd be nice for the network to come back. For lack of service perhaps O2 will reduce the monthly tariff as compensation.
Message 559 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's hit and miss in Derby...I work in what has always been an excellent spot for 3G connection up until the weekend - usually lightning quick ....but it's down for me and other users - you have to travel about 4 miles into the centre of the city before it picks up other than GPRS.

Officially no issues according to O2
Message 560 of 727