cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is block it a fake?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to block a number from my phone, i do not want to change my number and have searched the formums for how to block a number, all the replies alternate between it cant be done, it can be done, it cant be done, it can be done etc, so not really much help lol.

On the o2 online site i found a service called block it, but when i try to text the number it fails every time. Does anyone know if this is a fake, or whether it only works in certain area? for example it only works in america and i am i the UK?

I really need to block this number without changing my number 😞

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
what phone do you use?
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
sony ericsson c903
Message 3 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
What is the address of this supposed O2 blocking site as I've never heard of it?
Publish it here and we can check it out.

O2 Ireland have a service with this name.

If it's a duffer the only alternative is that some handsets offer this feature.

O2 have a Nuisance Calls Bureau and if this is genuine harassment it is illegal and you could get the police involved, but we are talking very serious here, and not just having the hump with a friend.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Block it is only avalible to customers in Ireland. It's been tested for cyber bullying for school kids so unless your in Ireland you can't have the number blocked unless you make a formal complaint to the police who can liase with the network to bar the number
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
there *might* be an option in the text messaging settings then to block a number...i know there is on most samsungs, but not 100% sure on sony ericssons.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
there *might* be an option in the text messaging settings then to block a number...i know there is on most samsungs, but not 100% sure on sony ericssons.

it's only Samsung
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
i thought as much lol. can never remember; i see that many different brands of phones in store each day lol
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah the link is

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/ ... /Block+It/

but if its an ireland thing im doomed :smileysad: How come ireland get it but the uk dont? Thats pretty rubbish, surley if it already exists it wouldnt be hard to make it available everywhere.

Well i dont really want to get the police involved thats the thing. Ive hunted through the phone for ways to block it but havent found any. I wouldnt even mind if it was only blocking the texts coz i dont mind cancelling calls its just distressing recieveing the texts coz i can see what is put. So basically, there is nothing i can do? :robotmad: but thank you for all your help and replies :smileyvery-happy: its been very useful

cheers much x
Message 9 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Technically it's a different company, sorry we can't be more help, O2 will give you one free number change.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 10