cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 Beta 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I installed iOS 9 Beta 2 last night. I had originally installed the first beta, but reverted back to iOS 8.4 as I couldn't cope with the ridiculous battery life!

I'm happy to report that the battery life in iOS 9 Beta 2 is MUCH better. There are a few more new features too:

1. iOS will now temporarily delete apps to make room for the firmware upgrade. So, if you're running low on space, the phone will be able to remove a few apps, and then restore them once the new firmware is up and running.

2. There is now a 'News' toggle in the iCloud settings, although there is no News App yet. I'd presume that this would be included in Beta 3.

3. The Search function is much better, and now pulls information from a wide variety of sources and third party apps. You also have the option to toggle apps on/off in the search settings menu.

4. The Podcast Logo has been tweaked slightly (wow!).

5. The description for low power mode has been tweaked slightly (it still does the same thing, though).

6. Handoff has now appeared in the multitasking view. Basically, if you're doing something on your iPad/Macbook/iPhone etc. and want to continue where you left off on another device, this is how you do it. The Handoff tab appears as the first option in the multitasking view.

I've not had much chance to have a proper play with the phone yet, but what seems most striking between this and the first beta is the battery performance which I'm very pleased about! slight_smile  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just another little battery update:

11hrs 27mins off charge. And I'm at 82%.
Very impressed slight_smile

I have noticed a couple of little niggles however:

1. The Twitter app does NOT play nicely with iOS 9. The buttons along the bottom do not respond and I quite often have to shut down the app and restart it to get it to work.

2. The multitasking panes will sometimes freeze or stutter. This is something which I presume is to do with the new layout, and something which just needs a bit of a tweak.

Apart from that, all is well on the good ship iOS 9 slight_smile
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous thanks for the update, battery life seems to have exceeded expectations so far, let's hope it stays that way
Message 12 of 12