cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 9 Beta 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
So iOS 9 was announced at WWDC 2015 earlier today. The beta was released to developers today with the full release in the autumn.

So, I've installed the beta on my iPad Air 2. Here are some of the things I've noticed so far. Bear in mind I've only had it on the iPad for an hour or so. I'll update as I find more out:

A 6 digit passcode is asked for in addition to TouchID.
There is a search bar in Settings!! 👍
Newstand has been removed.
The new News app is missing at the moment.
Mutlitasking works well in landscape.
Spotlight is updated.
There is now a iCloud Drive app.

Will continue to update as I find more.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125977 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Thanks for the heads up @Anonymous As no-one had mentioned much about yesterdays event I was just having a look to see if there was anything interesting...

One article said iOS 9 had made the iPad more work friendly?

http://gizmodo.com/ios-9-just-made-the-ipad-more-work-friendly-with-multit-1709861677

Mind you...was reading something else that used the headline "Everything Apple Tried To Kill Today":smileywink:http://gizmodo.com/everything-apple-tried-to-kill-today-at-wwdc-2015-1709786772

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 149380 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Gavs3r wrote:

A 6 digit passcode is asked for in addition to TouchID.

Is this optional?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 22

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1344 Posts
  • 66 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Its 2-step authentication, not sure if it can be disabled, but if it is like google you will be able to.
Message 4 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 125977 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

From what I read and (I admit to Android bias) there was a lot of catch by Apple..introducing features already in use on other platforms....

Oh and they have brought in a new app....the writer said...

"In a delightfully blatant attempt to get people to stop using Android, Apple debuted another Android app today, though it didn’t get any attention during the keynote: ‘Move to iOS’ is an app designed to help people switching from Android to Apple."
LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 149380 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

‘Move to iOS’ is an app designed to help people switching from Android to Apple."

LOL

I wonder if it offers psychological support also ? wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
New to Apple maybe but it's not innovative or exciting so far so do update us
Message 7 of 22

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great idea for a discussion @Anonymous and let us know how you get on after using it for a little while. Any news on if the Game-Centre is changing?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, I've just noticed from Apple's website that iOS 9 is a smaller download this time (i.e only 1.3GB, compared with 4.5GB on iOS 8), and that it's supposedly faster and more responsive. How are you finding it in practice?

Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope that is the case this time @Anonymous_ as lots of people including myself weren't to impressed with the download issue last year
Message 10 of 22